NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, a big thanks to the collective wisdom for getting me this far, having fought my way thru port forwarding, network tweaking, nDroid Service Settings blowing up every time it runs (not fixed - working around it), and finally sorting out the firewall. I can now watch live TV thru my tablet :-)

Alas if was all working fine I probably wouldn't be here, except to say thanks for the app and support.

The EPG only displays some info, ie not all data for every day & channel in the 7 day view.
The Now/Next and All time slots have a lot of gaps.

Is it an nDroid issue, or NPVR feeding out of date data or something of the like.

Also, one for the Dev's, is it possible to have an option to just watch live TV? I guess if I get the EPG sorted I may not need this.

Also should mention file versions:
nDroid Client and Service 1.8.7
nPVR 2.6.2
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

thanks all
Guzzi948 Wrote:....nDroid Service Settings blowing up every time it runs (not fixed - working around it)...
In what way? The nDroid Service only has a few settings which are stored in an xml file.

Quote:The EPG only displays some info, ie not all data for every day & channel in the 7 day view.
The Now/Next and All time slots have a lot of gaps.

Is it an nDroid issue, or NPVR feeding out of date data or something of the like.
nDroid gets it's EPG data from the npvr database. It's designed to work off-line so when you are looking at any of the guide views, it isn't accessing your npvr machine dynamically an instead works off it's own internal database (on the Android device) which stores a partial copy of the npvr.db3 file on your npvr machine. To keep it up-to-date, ideally you need to have npvr set to automatically update it's own EPG data on a daily basis and setup the PostUpdateEpg.bat as described in this part of the nDroid wiki page Further information / Configuration / Usage (for Win 7, the folder will be in C:\Users\Public\). That will cause the nDroid Service to regenerate the EPG data files and approximately 30 minutes after npvr does its EPG update, the nDroid app will download all of the new files (assuming it has a network connection).

Quote:Also, one for the Dev's, is it possible to have an option to just watch live TV? I guess if I get the EPG sorted I may not need this.
I don't have plans to add a separate "Live TV" option at the moment but may do in the future. You're correct, if you get the EPG sorted out, you can watch Live TV through the guide views.

Cheers,
Brian
Thanks for your reply Brian

In saying 'blowing up', I really meant I was getting an error message, as previously described elsewhere on the forum:

Quote:System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'nDroidLib, Version=1.8.4840.38458, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'nDroidLib, Version=1.8.4840.38458, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

That's no big deal, editing the config in xml is within my abilities.

I have set up the PostUpdateEpg.bat as you suggested, so I will give things time to update, and hopefully it will all be sorted.

Cheers
Brian,
everything is working fine now, thanks for your help and the app.
cheers
Guzzi948 Wrote:Thanks for your reply Brian

In saying 'blowing up', I really meant I was getting an error message, as previously described elsewhere on the forum:
Ah, OK - thanks for reminding me about that issue - I still need to look into that on 64-bit machines.

Guzzi948 Wrote:Brian,
everything is working fine now, thanks for your help and the app.
cheers
Good to hear. Smile

Cheers,
Brian