NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Support for .mts camcorder video?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to configure the nPVR videos menu so it will see and play .mts video clips I take with my camera. I have added "MTS" to the list of extensions in the config.xml file's <AllowedMediaExtensions> section, but they still do not show up when I go to a directory that contains some of these files using the video menu. Can someone point me in the right direction for getting this to work (or let me know it can't be doneSad).
I'm fairly sure you need to add it under (which from what I can see already has m2ts but not mts)

Code:
<VideoLibrary extensions="^.+\.(mpeg|mpg|m2v|avi|bdmv|ty|avs|ogm|mp4|mov|movsd|bdmv|m2ts|wmv|cdg|iso|rm|dvr-ms|ts|mkv|vob|divx|flv|ratDVD|m4v|3gp|rmvb|wtv)$">
Ok, that makes a lot of sense now that I see there is a section for that....I'm sure that was part of the problem. Unfortunately, adding the MTS extension there still did not help. 'Anyone have any other ideas?
I'm pretty sure you will need a DirectShow filter to play these files - did you install the software which came with your camera?

Alex
dshoup Wrote:Ok, that makes a lot of sense now that I see there is a section for that....I'm sure that was part of the problem. Unfortunately, adding the MTS extension there still did not help. 'Anyone have any other ideas?

After adding the extension, did you restart NPVR? Also, does "still did not help" mean that the recordings don't show up in the listing or that they won't play properly?
I should have been more specific..."still did not help" does mean I cannot see the .mts files in the videos menu. I can's say for sure if I installed the camera software or not, but the files will play with Windows Media Player, so I assume I have the codec I need. I'm using ffdshow as the main decoder for all video types, and I think it should handle it as well.
Being able to play it with Media Player does not mean you'll be able to play it with NPVR, as NPVR uses DirectShow while Media Player does not. However, that's a later step after making the files visible in Video Library.

I suggest you post your config.xml so we can try to spot whatever is wrong.
Never mind...I got it all working. It appears nPVR did not like the extension being written in all capital letters in the config.xml. When I changed it to lower case, everything shows up now and plays perfectly (in case anyone else is dealing with this, it appears ffdshow can handle mts files fine as that is what I'm using for all video formats). Thanks to all of you for the numerous suggestions...Especially Jaggy who got me pointed in the right direction to start with (now if I had only used lower case letters in the first placeRolleyes)!