NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVRSetup_2_6_2.exe install fails saying I'm usng wrong version of Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using a Windows 7 64 bit version, so now what do I try to fix this?

Frank
Hi Frank, did you run the installer as Administrator? NPVR is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder because it's a 32-bit application. If your program files are on a different drive, I suppose it might require your assistance, but don't try to put it in the 64-bit directory. It also installs a data folder in C:\Users\Public. NPVR is definitely compatible with Windows 7. Hope this helps.
Some folk have NextPVR installed and running on W7 64 so the Windows version shouldn't be a problem. Have you run all the pre-reqs ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...requisites ... run them all cos Microsoft have not been consistent and later versions of some components do not include stuff that is in earlier versions. It does not harm even if you don't need the software.
There was the run as Administrator part and figuring out that I was expected to leave the dlownloaded file in the default download location not put it elsewhere on my C:\ drive. Thanks for the help.
Odd... neither of those things should have had any effect, but whatever works...