NextPVR Forums

Full Version: trying to get channel lineup, hauppauge colossus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im running windows 7 32 bit, i go to settings, devices, then see my colossus and hit device setup, i add and import, under channel changer i see changer and the options are none hdpvr ir blaster and executable, im using a hp windows media center remote and external receiver and blater, the hauppauge ir blaster sucks, i assume i choose exectuable to use my hp blaster but i need the argument, i know for the executalble i have to use the path to my ir server suite folder, i have the remote setup with ir server suite and have learned the codes and all, what do i do, please help someone
Did you find this ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...moteConfig
IR Server Suite gets a mention toward the end.
cadams8221218 Wrote:i need the argument

Here's a thread that might point you in the right direction, especially post #12 concerning arguments: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...d-next-pvr

If you need further assistance, please zip and attach npvr.log and nrecord.log.
first, how do i know if my blaster needs the argments in the format "-channel 217", i just know in netpvr it says argument, but i did put in{channel} for the argument, i have changer set to executable, and for executable i have C:\Program Files\IR Server Suite\IRBlast.exe, i have ir server suite open, i then go to windows media center since i already have the colossus setup with it, and have already setup ir server suite, i try to use the remote in media center but the channel doesnt change, the blaster does nothing, the led blinks on the receiver, obviously and i can use the remote of course to navigate and CHANGE CHANNELS, im about to dump media center and try xmbc or media portal. please help im so close
From reading the thread that Zeb points too, it seems that you need ...
Quote:the arguments in NextPVR you'd need "-channel {channel}"
You appear to have the executable correct.

What happens if you open a Command Prompt and then CD to the IR suite folder in Program Files and type "irblast -channel 217" where 217 (or whatever) is a valid channel?
graham thaty guide looks promising ill take a look at it, ill attempt to attempt to use the command lines, im rusty, once i type cd to change the directory what exactly do i type to get to the ir directory, i think i know and ill try it, thanx alot man, ive been trying to use my hp remote for 9 months, the hauppauge blaster drops digits when blasting
tried using the guide, opened up translator, a feature of ir server suite, and tried the part about trying to get translator to recognize back on the remote "controller" so it will read as the same as pressing esc on the keyboard, anyway, it try it tried to point both my cable box remote and hp remote and press back it says timed out and nothing happens, i had used a guide to setup my remote in ir ss and it found the codes for my box and i saved them, it didnt have me use translator or degug client, but this guide says use them, i am coming to my witts end and may end up dumping the colossus and just get a tuner that has component input and not a capture card
Have you tried using the blaster software that Hauppauge provide? Click the Accessories tab at this link ... http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/su...ossus.html

The install guide at that link is for WinTV but it probably has a lot in common with NextPVR.
naw man the hauppauge software and ir blaster sucks as i stated in the original post, ill check out the guide tho to see if i can translate anything thing to npvr,