NextPVR Forums

Full Version: how to setup hauppauge colossus with npvr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i have ir server suite setup supposedly so i can use my hp windows media center remote, i learned the ir codes for my remote for my cable box, i used these exact instructions

To easily setup IRSS 1.4.2.3496...

1) Open the installer. During the setup, leave the default stuff checked but also check the boxes in front of...

- Under Tools, "Keyboard Input Relay".

- Under CommandLine Tools, "IR Blast" and "Hauppauge PVR Tuner".

2) After the installer finishes, the configuration for IR Server will appear. I have a Microsoft MCE device so I clicked on the CONFIGURE button for it. On the KEYBOARD tab, check the box in front of "Enable keyboard input". Click OK then OK again. The IR Server service will restart.

3) Now go to START > ALL PROGRAMS > IR SERVER SUITE > TRANSLATOR to open Translator.

- Check the box in front of "Start Translator with Windows".

- On the IR Commands tab, learn your STB codes for buttons 0-9.

- Click OK.

4) Open NPVR and go to SETTINGS.

- Open DEVICES > YOUR CARD

- Set the Executable to C:\Program Files (x86)\IR Server Suite\IRBlast.exe

- Set the Arguments to -host localhost -channel {channel} -delay 350

That's it. IRSS 1.4.2.3496 works just fine.

so i went to device setup for my colossus and i see add, import, delete, i go to add and for channel i type 252, and name espn, i hit ok then go to live tv and it says live tv buffer directory does not exist C:\temp, i didnt do anything in the decoders section, i assume they r set correctly, what do i now
Create a directory where npvr can store temporary live TV buffer files and point to it in Settings/Misc...

Alex
ok i got live tv to play, dont know about the sound, not using speakers at the moment, i will connect my pc to my tv via hdmi when i get the ir blasting working, the channel didnt change, i added 1 channel in the setup, 252 and named it espn, the ir receiver didnt blink red, nothing happened, no osd nothing, i assume the argument that the guides author used doesnt work for me so here is the question ive needed answered for like 9 months, WHERE DO I FIND THIS ARGUMENT ON MY COMPUTER, and how do i setup the channels, i know i dont have to create 700 channels manually, once i click import to import channels it asks for a file, where do i get it
Have you managed to scan for channels (Settings/Devices/Device Setup)? If so, you need to set up EPG (I suggest SchedulesDirect): http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ration.EPG
Schedules Direct is definitely recommended, but you don't need to scan on the HDPVR or Colossus devices. You just add the channel and later link it to the guide channel. The external tuner does the magic of changing channel on the STB.

Martin
i tried mc2xl and xmltv, i was unable to get epg lists from either, confusing setup or something didnt go right, ill try schedules direct, and what do u mean i dont need to scan for channels, u say add the channel then later link it to the guide, i added a channel 252 and then named it espn, i then tried to change the channel in npvr and nothing happened, thanx for the help guys
ok i got my channels setup, thanx abunch for helping me with that, about to reinstall ir server suite and see if the channels will change, pray for me lol
ir server suite is up and is connected, im using the argument and executable in the guide tried to change the channel using the keyboard but the channel doesnt change, i see the number come up on the bottom left but thats all, when i open translator for irss, i go to numbers 0-9 under the ir commands tab and click for example 4 then edit, i then hit blast, the red led on the hp ir receiver blinks but no channel change, when i try to change the channel using my remote nothing even comes up in npvr
If you post your logs after trying to change channels it will tell if you have the blaster software configured correctly.

Martin
how exactly do i get the logs, in the mean time ill try to find them
Pages: 1 2 3