NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Video cutting out on DVB-S with both NextPVR and XBMC clients
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have narrowed down my issue of NextPVR killing the video streams as multiple XBMC clients cut out simultaneously pointing to NextPVR backend being the root cause. I have subsequently used NextPVR front-end an experienced the same result.

I have tried a couple of different DVB-S tuners (DM04 and WinTV-Nova-HD-USB2) and had he same results. Any pointers on whether NextPVr is kiklling the tuner, or the tuner killing NextPVR would be greatly appreciated. I have attached logs for both NextPVR and XBMC so you can see whatever you are interested in.

Thanks in advanced, truly grateful for any support
Steve
SteveS1949 Wrote:Hi,
I have narrowed down my issue of NextPVR killing the video streams as multiple XBMC clients cut out simultaneously pointing to NextPVR backend being the root cause. I have subsequently used NextPVR front-end an experienced the same result.
I'm not aware of any reported issues that would account for this. Can you do a long recording in NextPVR, or does it exhibit the same problem? ie, no live tv in the mix.
Thanks for the reply. I am unable to make substantial recordings as they cut out too. NextPVR exhibits the same symptoms as the xbmc clients.
Given no one else has been reporting this, and knowledge of how recordings work, it sounds like your device is stopping delivering data for some unknown reason.

I'd try different USB ports, or via a powered USB hub.