NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HDHomerun - Firewall Passed - ChannelsFound - LAV Installed - No Video/Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I'm finally trying the XBMC Frodo thing with NextPVR as the backend. I've been at this for about 6 hours straight... no luck yet, even after browsing the forums, etc.

1. I've got an HDHomeRun
2. I've set the three items to go through the firewall
3. I scanned for and found 30 OTA channels
4. I installed LAV and ffdshow and currently have it set up as follows:
  • Video Renderer - EVR
  • Audio Renderer - Default
  • Music Renderer - Default
  • MPEG2 Video - Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoded
  • H.264 Video - Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
  • MPEG1 Audio - LAV
  • AC3 Audio - LAV
  • E-AC3 Audio - LAV
  • AAC Audio - LAV
  • HE-AAC Audio - LAV
5. I've also tried the ffdshow codecs with no success
6. I have HDHomerun set up to NextPVR, though I've also tried Other: ATSC/QAM
7. I have HDHomerun set up to Inject TVCT
8. I try to watch video via the application, but no workie... It still works fine in WMC and VLC

I'm at wits end. My logs are attached... any help would be appreciated!Smile
If you try to schedule a recording, do you end up with a valid file (that can be played in some other software), or a zero byte file? If it's the former, then it'll be something to do with decoders. If it's the latter, then it'll still be something to do with firewall or HDHomeRun settings.
Looks like it's 0 bytes. I've rechecked my firewall. On allowed programs, I have "NDigitalHost", "NextPVR" and "NRecord" all checkmarked on "Home/Work (Private)". I also turned off my firewall altogether to make sure we're good there. Do you have recommendations on HDHomeRun settings?
Because zero bytes, no data is making it to NextPVR. On past experiences, this has always been firewall related. I know you think you've got your firewall set correctly, but go check again. There isn't really any HDHomeRun settings that should up screw you over at this stage, but maybe make sure you've got the app type set to 'other' rather than NextPVR or GBPVR, just to make sure it's not getting in the way.
Makes sense... I just rechecked, and my firewall is turned off AND all three apps are set to be allowed. through the firewall... Only home network matters right if I'm running both on the same machine? Just tried setting to other, didn't work, but didn't try recording to see if I got zero bytes. I'll try that when I get home later tonight
Just checked using "Other" to see if it recorded backend... no luck. The frustrating thing is that it works everywhere else.... vlc, etc.
Sorry, I don't really have any answer for you - but a lot of HDHomeRun users have had these sorts of problems. Everytime it's been things external to NextPVR. Nearly always firewall.
Oh! So, video is recorded on the backend of MediaPortal (had to try them), but it's also not showing during live playback. Is that a clue? I'd really like to use NextPVR if possible. However, it's starting to smell like Codecs...
maxlds Wrote:On allowed programs, I have "NDigitalHost", "NextPVR" and "NRecord" all checkmarked on "Home/Work (Private)".

Are you certain that your network location isn't actually set as Public? I recall a thread where that turned out to be the problem. Is it possible that the tuner was in use by WMC, VLC, MediaPortal or any other application? It does not smell like Codecs because you don't need decoders to record. Besides, the Microsoft video decoder is a sure thing with Windows 7.
maxlds Wrote:However, it's starting to smell like Codecs...
That might be the case with Mediaportal, but definitely not with NextPVR. No codecs are used for recording - it's pretty much just a dump of whatever was received from the HDHR. Since you're getting zero byte recordings, no data is making it to NextPVR from your HDHR. I'm sure this going to end up related to firewall in someway.

Some users have been using 3rd party fire wall software, like ZoneAlarm etc, and been sure it was set correctly, but then have been surprised to find the Microsoft firewall was functional, and need to be configured there too.
Pages: 1 2