NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR freeze when navigating videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been having this problem for a while now, only just had it happen when I was free to grab logs and such - so, I have a new media-pc setup with NPVR in addition to my old setup on my main computer in my office. On the media-pc attached to the TV, I access my main computer recordings via a network link through the Videos menu. Sometimes when navigating through the video files, NPVR will freeze.

In the log attached, I had gone into the Once Upon a Time folder, and hit the DOWN button to move to the video I wished to view. The selection bar moved down, but the description box showed the previous entry, and I was frozen solid - had to kill the process with the task manager.

Thanks.
I cant see any error message listed in the logs. It looks like the last thing it was doing was loading a bit of artwork from the cache, but there is no sign of anything going wrong.

If it happens again, post the logs again and we'll see if it was doing the same thing.
I've been having the same problem for a couple of months but it is intermittent.
The Videos menu also networked to another pc. The freeze or hang may happen when the pc hasn't been used for a few hours.
I'll post some logs the next time it happens.

Al
I get this also but haven't been able to pin down the reproduction steps.
Is it only happening at the beginning? Could it just be that windows is taking a long time to access your HDD? I know when I access my lower RPM HDD it can take as much as 10 sec for windows to fully index the data.
This froze after stopping a movie play back & navigating through a list of movies.
We stopped 'The Rescuers' & pressed the Down button & it froze at the next folder in the list.

Logs attached including the Event log
Clanky Wrote:This froze after stopping a movie play back & navigating through a list of movies.
Unfortunately this log didn't end with the same log message as the example above, so we're no closer to narrowing down the cause.
jam_zhou Wrote:Is it only happening at the beginning? Could it just be that windows is taking a long time to access your HDD? I know when I access my lower RPM HDD it can take as much as 10 sec for windows to fully index the data.

It's doubtful, in my case anyway, that this is the problem. When I notice it happening, I have to dig around to find my wireless keyboard, turn it on, find Alt-TAB in the dark to switch away from the frozen program, bring up the task manager, etc - more than enough time for a slow drive to get going.
sub Wrote:I cant see any error message listed in the logs. It looks like the last thing it was doing was loading a bit of artwork from the cache, but there is no sign of anything going wrong.

If it happens again, post the logs again and we'll see if it was doing the same thing.

Okay, it happened again tonight. Left one directory, moved up the list to another directory which I entered, and then tried to move down the list, froze up tight.

Log is attached.
The couple of times I've seen this happen, my logs showed a "database locked" error. Unfortunately, I don't have the logs anymore.
Pages: 1 2