NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nextpvr channel - roku
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm wondering if anyone has tried look at development for the roku in the hope of getting recording on there?

There is a nextpvr channel. And while I've Installed it I've not played
+1 for this also. I know we might not be able to play live tv. But i would love to be able to browse epg and set recordings and view recording status.
I had a play with a sample channel and just gave it a recording and while I had picture I didn't have sound. This is with h.264 video h3-aac-lc sound.

I'd assume you're mpeg2 based (being in the US) so regardless looks like transcoding would be needed.
yeah we are mpeg2. Even if i cant play video i would use plex to watch my recorded shows but id love to use at least a recording manager off my roku.
How do you get your recordings in plex? Do you rename them after recording? -I import then with data from the XML file (since our air dates don't match the US ones).
Sorry for the late reply. I am actually not doing it yet. I was planing on using MCEBUDDY. Just havent had a chance to set it up yet.
psycik Wrote:How do you get your recordings in plex? Do you rename them after recording? -I import then with data from the XML file (since our air dates don't match the US ones).

I use guideplus to rename and move the recordings to an unraid server with plex on it. I don't need to do any importing Plex is happy with the renamed recordings.
carpeVideo Wrote:I use guideplus to rename and move the recordings to an unraid server with plex on it. I don't need to do any importing Plex is happy with the renamed recordings.

I've actaully been playing with a plex nextpvr channel - the sole reason is that I need the server to be able to transcode the video as apart from a PC or a popcorn hour, none of the clients will generally play our 1080i h.264 based video - which is why I stopped with the roku channel.
I started to play with MCEBUDDY and it looks pretty good. It transcoded my video with handbreak and moved it over to plex automaticaly. I was then able to watch on my roku. Not sure what to do about the naming. But it works pretty well. http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/
Seen this that I posted last night? http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...or-NextPVR

While it wont do inprogress or live tv, it has a basic view of your recordings in plex and will playback on a IOS client or roku. Without having to transcode first.
Pages: 1 2