NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Change log (moved to portal.reven.co.nz)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
  • Requires NextPVR v3.0.0 or above
  • Now using stream seek helper (if turned on) this hopefully will fix the problem with seeking on most players
  • Can now record/delete recordings, still need some work on updating
  • Removed "Videos" screen
  • Search screen nearly completed (was working on this but sub just released 3.0 so decided to just publish what I currently have, been way too long between releases)
  • Using JSON calls instead of xml calls in places (a lot faster to load than xml)
  • Changed seeking to use staged seeking, so +15, +30, +1min, +2min etc then either 2 second no keypress to jump, or press ok to jump
  • Comskip support with auto jump

Lots more changes as well, just been a while and I haven't been keeping a list Smile

Please let me know how seeking goes, I've had a couple of issues left (seeking in last couple of minutes doesnt work or large seeks (10mins) may not work if recordings are too bad, but 1min jumps work fine).
  • Now handles if NextPVR server cannot be reached when plugin loads
  • Improved "Settings" screen and created subpages for the settings, "Server", "Recordings", "Advanced", "About"
  • Set defaults for settings, including "Seek Adjuster" is now on, and "Debug Off" is now on (so debug is off, I need to rename this to be "Debugging" with on/off as the values)
  • The Recordings settings arent currently doing anything, but will be hooked up soon.
  • Improved input of settings values
  • When testing connection a message is now shown (so you cant click it several times if its taking a while then get a bunch of failed messages).
  • About screen shows some basic info about the plugin and nextpvr, including version and "Developed by". Just to give some credits Tongue Most interesting thing here is to check the version of the plugin you are running and the version of nextpvr server you are connecting to.

Smallish release this time, wanted to get the setting improvement out there especially the connection down fix out. Now if you try to connect and the server is down (or the connection details are just completely wrong) an error message will be shown and you will have the menu items "Settings" and "Exit", so you can reconfigure the server details.
  • Fixed issue with white rectangle on top of video playback
  • Fixed issue where you couldnt playback a recording if it didnt have a edl/comskip file with it
  • Now uses server time by default instead of device time (can revert back to device time via settings if this is wrong for some reason, please let me know if this works for you!) I had to update all the dates to use a global function that can adjust the time. If you find one area that the time is wrong please let me know.
  • Whats New Days setting now is used, prepadding/postpadding setting still not used though.
  • Recording settings use values from nextpvr UNTIL you change them locally. Once you change them, I store the new values on the client and it no longer uses the values from the server. I should of asked sub for a method to push settings into the config. whoops.
  • Added suffix to postpadding/prepadding/whats new days settings to make it clear what the values are
0.126 - Just a quick release this time, needed to get some debugging stuff in
  • Updated loading screen to show what is currently loading
  • Added logging when turning server time on/off. 3 fields are printed to the debug window, if you're having issues with this, please let me know these values.
  • Option to turn auto comskip skipping on/off
  • Fixed bug with prompt to resume when clicking "No" didnt actually do anything (just closed the dialog)
  • Started adding aspect ratio (yellow button on tv, green button on bluray - doesnt work on my tv though..)
  • Added option to turn off "Incremental Skip", letting users go back to left == +60 seconds and right -30seconds instantly (still need to add support for number + left/right to do x minute jumps)
  • Separated samsung code out and implemented different client types. currently supports browser + samsung (makes development easier and can test in chrome browser + will allow for additional client types to use this app, eg googletv or perhaps a lg tv etc)
  • added more logging around "use server time", which refetches server time and prints out more info when its turned on/off (still a problem for at least one user)
  • added "Animations", currently turned off by default and not working very well, but you can turn on and see what im trying to achieve (completely unusable yet). also needs you to restart the nextpvr for samsung app when turning on (not when turning off, this is hopefully just temporary)
  • added "Season", "Subtitle", "Episode" to recordings view + list item (can someone please confirm season + episode are working, i could only test subtitle).

Most of the changes were to separate out the samsung code and make it load stuff based on clients (which really doesnt help anyone yet), but this really helps with development (the samsung emulator crashes constantly, i can now test most stuff using a real chrome browser), and i really want to get a google tv and see if i can get this running on that. This was quite a lot of changing and fiddling to get the samsung stuff working after that, so i may have introduced some bugs, if i have please report them.
  • Fixed the clock this time (i hope) - please confirm
  • added version number to error message shown when server version isnt supported.
  • back no longer goes back to menu when playing a recording/tv, it now stops playback. i got sick of this.
  • Added help bar to show available remote buttons and their actions (not all, but the non obvious ones)
  • Fixed changing channels using the mini guide
  • Fixed issue with bluray players not being detected as a BRP and was detected as a TV (bug introduced in 0.15x)
  • Added channel group support to tv guide, the last channel group will be saved and whenever you reenter the tv guide the last group will be the current one, so if you can just set it to your "Favourites" and leave it on that
  • Fixed navigation issues in the tv guide with the last page
  • Added watched status indicator to the recordigns screen (yellow box on the left of each item, yellow == unwatched/new)
  • Removed "Update" for recordings if connecting to nextpvr server running less than version 3.2 (theres a bug in 3.1 which prevents recordings from being updated)
  • Search screen is nearly completed, can now schedule recordings from that screen (just need to finish the recording status for upcoming recordings)
  • improved images to scale to fit (not 100% complete yet, discovered an issue on my 2012 BRP that needs fixing, but greatly improved from previous version)
  • improved dialog for "Recordings -> Recurring Recordings", shows more info
  • Updated angularjs to latest version
  • Changed version numbering format to major.minor.sourcecontrol.buildnumber, so 0.1 is the major number, and the second too are just the commit number to source control and the actual times the source has been built (into a package), which is what the last version number effectively was.
  • Improved helpbar and added more buttons to it (helpbar is the bottom bar that shows what remote buttons do)
  • changed build process to be more automated and only include used files (makes the app smaller)
  • Fixed issue with onscreen keyboard not working
  • Tweaking commercial auto jump, to jump 2 secs after commercial is detected and 2 seconds before it ends (it use to cut off a shows i was watching all the time)
  • Fixed some animation issues (still not yet complete but better now): UPDATE: turns out these fixes only fixed it in chrome webbrowser, still having same issues in an actual samsung device...
Pages: 1 2