NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HD PVR no audio.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently made some setting changes in NPVR to record from a VHS machine. I was not able to get it to work, so I changed the settings back, and managed to record the VHS Tape with Total Media Extreme.

Ever since then, there has been no audio on any of my recordings. I know its not a Hauppauge driver issue as the Total Media Extreme software has working audio. Funny thing is, I go into the HDPVR settings in NPVR, and set my audio input to RCA back and it keeps changing over to SPDIF. I seem to remember having this problem before, but not sure how to fix it.
The logs show it's definitely trying to record using the back RCA. If you play the recording in another player like VLC, do you get audio?
While it recorded with back RCA in January and July you are missing the current NRecord.log so I couldn't find the tuning for Hell on the Highway_20130807_21002200.ts It shows as using AC3

2013-08-07 23:09:19.106 [DEBUG][1] Dynamic reference clock set to: AC3 Audio Renderer
2013-08-07 23:09:19.106 [DEBUG][1] Reference clock was already se correctly. No change required.

Sub made a decision to allow multiple STB to connect to the HDPVR and it causes a lot of configuration issues. You likely need to check each channel and right click them to set to the default configuration if they show with the wrong settings.

Martin
To confirm, the files do not have any sound at all, even when played with VLC or any other media program.

Here is another rar file, with the Nrecord.log file included.
There is a setting in config.xml called ForceSPDIF, false by default. If you recorded using SPDIF in the past, you may have had to change it to true. A longshot, but you never know...
I checked the ForceSPDIF and that was still set to false.

I'm still confused on how to fix the problem. I tried deleting a channel, and then adding it in again. Even though I select "RCA BACK" it still changes to SPDIF.

I tried recording something anyway and I still have no audio.
Got it working! I reloaded the Hauppauge drivers and that did the trick. I have audio now, have to remember this if it happens again..