NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HD PVR and Server 2012 Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I got my setup to work exactly one time. I'll cover the details of my setup here...

All on the same machine:
-Windows Server 2012
-NextPVR
-Hauppauge HD PVR
-DirecTV HR24 connected via component and spdif
-XBMC client used to view live TV from NextPVR

I have been unable to get NextPVR display live TV even once, I always get a black screen then the application hangs. The .ts files in C:\Temp are all 0Kb in size.

One time I was able to get XBMC to display live TV, but it has not worked since, every other time it says "Working" until it eventually times out and gives me a message that "The tuner is no longer available"

I have installed BDA drivers to the machine.

I get errors in the logs about "DirectSound not found" or something to that effect, I will post the actual logs when I return home this evening. The server does NOT have a sound card. I have added a NVidia GT620 PCIe card to the machine so video is out that card over HDMI to an external receiver. I have tried over straight VGA with no audio as well and it does not work either.

I have registered the ArcSoft codec and configured it in the settings for H.264, no clue what other people are using with this tuner, it would be nice if someone would start a table of codecs to hardware that works....would probably save people a lot of time trying different configurations.

That's all I can think of right now to describe the issue. If anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it, I don't have an option to change the audio renderer to my NVidia card which is what I'm thinking it should be set to, or maybe I just need to add a sound card to the machine, idk, I've spent way about 16 hours this week trying to sort this issue out on my own so I'd love to get this solution working and stable!

Thanks for such an awesome piece of software, the one time I saw it work, it worked extremely well and I was impressed. I understand I have a bit of an odd setup as server editions are not optimal for this sort of thing, unfortunately, it's my only option without adding a whole other machine to my network JUST for TV and that just seems wasteful.
los93sol Wrote:Okay, I got my setup to work exactly one time. I'll cover the details of my setup here...

All on the same machine:
-Windows Server 2012
-NextPVR
-Hauppauge HD PVR
-DirecTV HR24 connected via component and spdif
-XBMC client used to view live TV from NextPVR

I have been unable to get NextPVR display live TV even once, I always get a black screen then the application hangs. The .ts files in C:\Temp are all 0Kb in size.

One time I was able to get XBMC to display live TV, but it has not worked since, every other time it says "Working" until it eventually times out and gives me a message that "The tuner is no longer available"
Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach the npvr.log and nrecord.log and I'll take a look.
I think the Arcsoft codec that comes with the HD PVR is locked, meaning it can't be used by other applications. I don't know if Server 2012 comes with the MS DTV-DVD codec; if it does, use that. If not, you can use the SAF pack decribed here:
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?50227-Saf6
You will need to PM hoborg for an unlocked version.

When you say NPVR hangs, do you mean it locks up completely? Or can you still press Esc to get back to the menu screen?

The 0kb .ts files are a different issue. Hopefully there's something useful in your logs.
Thanks for the information, I ended up getting this fixed...when it was working I was using stereo audio and I had changed over to SPDIF after having it working. At that time I did delete the device and import the channels again as I've seen suggested in other threads, but I didn't double check where I physically placed the cable....helps when you plug it into the right port on the HDPVR. Doh!