NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Search Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running NextPVR 2.6.2 on Windows 8. I have the "TV Listings" plugin. All is fine except I cannot use the standard "Search" command. It comes up and I can click on a letter in the first column which will populate the second column, but when I try to select anything in the second column, it just goes back to the top of the list. Doesn't seem possible for me to scroll the second column. Either I REALLY don't know what I'm doing, or something is not working. I have not yet tried the "Search Lite" plugin. Any ideas? I could not find a reasonably new post about this, so it may be specific to me for some reason.
SilverTiger Wrote:Running NextPVR 2.6.2 on Windows 8. I have the "TV Listings" plugin. All is fine except I cannot use the standard "Search" command. It comes up and I can click on a letter in the first column which will populate the second column, but when I try to select anything in the second column, it just goes back to the top of the list. Doesn't seem possible for me to scroll the second column. Either I REALLY don't know what I'm doing, or something is not working.
You mean 'Search' from the main menu right, not a search feature of the 'TV Listings' plugin?

Can you reproduce the problem and post your npvr.log?
sub Wrote:You mean 'Search' from the main menu right, not a search feature of the 'TV Listings' plugin?

Can you reproduce the problem and post your npvr.log?

Yes, the main menu search.

Here are my logs. I didn't see anything to do with search in there, but perhaps you will.
Hmm, not really sure. I cant see any relevant error messages in there.

If you want to zip and attach your npvr.db3 database, I can see if something specific to your data
sub Wrote:Hmm, not really sure. I cant see any relevant error messages in there.

If you want to zip and attach your npvr.db3 database, I can see if something specific to your data

Unfortunately, the forum limits won't let me attach either a zip file or a .7z file; too large. I tried both.

I must confess that I've been using NextPVR for several months, and this is the FIRST time I've really had a need for search. It could have been not working for a while, and I did not notice. I recently had to reinstall Java 7 Update 25, it that has any impact.

Also, for what it's worth, I downloaded Search Lite and it appears to work OK.

Another thing: I'm using the enhanced version of mc2xml that adds in pictures, etc. I've had no issues with anything else. The standard guide seems to work as does TV Listings.
SilverTiger Wrote:Unfortunately, the forum limits won't let me attach either a zip file or a .7z file; too large. I tried both.

I must confess that I've been using NextPVR for several months, and this is the FIRST time I've really had a need for search. It could have been not working for a while, and I did not notice. I recently had to reinstall Java 7 Update 25, it that has any impact.
No, it wont have anything to do with Java.

Quote:Also, for what it's worth, I downloaded Search Lite and it appears to work OK.
Ok, at least you've got an alternative search for now. If the problem still happens in the next release, let me know and I'll try to work out the cause for you.
@sub - SilverTiger has found a bug exposed if you try to use the mouse in your Search plugin. It just doesn't work right that way. To reproduce: go into Search, double-click on a letter, say "C". The beginning of the list for C appears; now double-click an item in the middle list. Immediately the list resets to the full list of shows from 0-9, A-Z. Now if you again double-click an item in the middle list, the 3rd list will populate with the list of episodes/showtimes.

@SilverTiger - the simple Search plugin is meant for use via the remote or keyboard equivalents: the Arrows plus OK (Enter), Back (Escape), and Channel Up/Down (PageUp/PageDown). You may be the first who's ever tried using it with the mouse. If you're doing your searches with keyboard and mouse, SearchLite or the web interface will probably be far more effective.
Ah, right you are. I've fixed it for the next release.