NextPVR Forums

Full Version: [NZ][DVB-S][2012] Blu-ray BD-E5500 [NOT SUPPORTED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Reven sorry to be a pain

BD-E5500

Updated firmware on bluray
loaded nextpvr app

now all I get is the grey screen
with
refreshing current programs!
etc
etc
plugin is not configured
Main.on load
Debug off.false

no menu to select server or recordings on the left its just black
This player is really not very good
wont skip HD straight away ,Takes about a minute to respond
is so slow to respond in general
wont even load your app

the 5900 is way better
someone mentioned (may have been you Smile) that the BD-E5500 is actually a 2010 device, or that its running the 2010 firmware (has a completely different smarthub to the BD-E5900).

the price of a BD-E5900 is super cheap, so thats my recommended cheap option to get this app. at NZD$109 its a great choice (has 3d and everything).

I'll put BD-E5500 on the unsupported list
Yeah it seems to be in between
Plex shows it as a 2011
Different menu structure in smart hub

I'd buy another 5900 but I can't find any at the right price
oh smithscity.co.nz use to have them for $109 (i just double checked my order email to make sure my model was BD-5900) but now all they have is the BD-5500 for $109.

You could email them to see if they have any more in any of their stores?
reven Wrote:the price of a BD-E5900 is super cheap, so thats my recommended cheap option to get this app. at NZD$109 its a great choice (has 3d and everything).
Where would I find one of these? Given a low price like this I'm tempted to buy one to try this client.
There are no bd-e5900 at the price you quote($109)
That's the price of the bd-e5500
smithscity.co.nz use to sell them Smile they must just have been clearing out the stock (last years model and all).

im googling to find another source Smile
Yeah, unfortunately it looks like those sorts of prices aren't available any more. More like $250+ now.
bugger cant find it anywhere near that price anymore. selling around $300 now (i really got a bargain Smile)

theres a BD-F6500 for $238 from jbhifi, but thats double the price of what I paid for the BD-F5900

the BD-F5500 wont work (no smarthub), and the BD-E5500 is running the wrong firmware.

trademe may be the best bet (but when I was looking most people wanted insane prices for second hand goods)
Pages: 1 2 3