NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't play recordings or watch live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After changing the display resolution in config.xml for one of my NMTs, the NPVR recording service would not start, and when I attempted to start NPVR, Windows would pop a window saying it couldn't start the service. Trying to start it from Services had the same effect. After several reboots, I upgraded to the latest version 2.6.2, and now the service starts, NPVR starts, the tuners are shown in status, my old channels are there BUT recordings don't play and I can't watch live TV either. Just get a black screen. I've tried the default config.xml & my previous one but symptoms are the same for both. Also turned off the Windows Firewall for testing with no effect.

I've attached all logs from today. Maybe it is something simple.
It sounded like you made an error in config.xml and sure enough

2013-08-31 14:18:28.672 [ERROR][7] Unexpected error loading (C:\Users\Public\NPVR\config.xml): System.Xml.XmlException: The 'MVPHeight' start tag on line 206 does not match the end tag of 'MAC-0006DC43A727'. Line 209, position 9.

Martin
I see, that's where all went wrong. What do I do now? I've started with a new default config.xml, and I can't play anything. I pasted the information for the NMTs from an old version without the error, but NMT won't load NPVR. Worse still, no recordings play on the server computer.
How 'old' is the old version of config.xml? - maybe try going back to it...

Alex
Compress and upload the most recent one you were editing, maybe it cab be salvaged.

Martin
I just tried the old version which is about 1 year old. It works! Both computer and NMTs are playing again. Who knows what I managed to change during the config.xml edit.

All is good now. I just need to verify settings. Many thanks for the help.
Make sure you don't edit with word pad.
I use EditPad Lite. It is a simple text editor.