NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Newly installed npvr stops working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Until yesterday I had problems with npvr and kernelbase.dll, I got tired of that and did a fresh Windows 7-installation.
Now I have installed all required software, npvr 2.6.2, I have found the hardware and found all channels.

But when I choose "Live TV" it say "Please wait..." and stops working.
When I choose "TV Guide" and then choose a channel and click "watch" the same thing happens.
Can you reproduce the problem, then zip and attach both the npvr.log and nrecord.log?
Hope it works with rar. =)
The nrecord service starts yet another process, ndigitalhost, and it is ndigitalhost that captures the data from the tuner. Please do Live TV again and include the ndigitalhost log. Thanks.
It's possible that no ndigitalhost log was created at that point. Does a C:\Temp folder exist on your PC? If not, you should either create it or go to NextPVR's Settings->Misc screen and select a different Live TV Buffer Directory (but not in Program Files or any Users directory other than Public). However I think you would see an error message if that was the problem. Have you attempted to record? A recording larger than 0 bytes would be very encouraging, even if you can't play it back in NextPVR yet.

It looks like you have a tuner with the Philips 713X chipset. Is the tuner an HVR-1110, PCTV 310i or some other model? It might be a good idea to run FilterCheck (in C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR) and then post the FilterCheck log.
I'm going to say a firewall is blocking communication between NRecord and NDigitalHost. NextPVR.exe was able to scan for channels apparently, so it appears the tuner and driver are generally compatible with NPVR. It would be nice to see that NDigitalHost log though. In .zip format if you could, it's much easier to deal with.
Yeah, as mentioned above, it looks like we'll need to see your ndigitalhost.log.
I havn't done anything since last time, but today it worked just fine!?

Thanks for the help anyway. =)
Npvr hasn't worked for a long time, but I've used DVBViewer instead.
But now I want Npvr to work.
It's still the same problem, it crashes when I double-click on Live-TV.
What does the crash message say? I can't see the error message in the logs.
Pages: 1 2