NextPVR Forums

Full Version: [US][2013]Blu-Ray BD-F5900
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tried installing the app on a new BD-F5900 Blu-ray player. The initial install went ok.

However, when I tried to go back into the app, I ran into the same problem that JonnyCam reported with his BD-F6500:
Quote:When I entered next time got a black screen with 'Please wait while plugin loads'

The only way to fix this was reset the smart hub settings and download again.

I then used it for a little but, and the next time I entered again, back to the same plugin screen

Just deleting the app, powering off the unit, powering it back on, and then re-downloading doesn't fix the problem. I have to actually go to the settings, Smart features, then select Reset Smart Hub. Then accept the terms and conditions again. Then log back in as develop, set the server IP, and re-download. A bit of a pain... :mad:
A couple of other initial comments:

1. The recordings screen isn't displaying the sub-titles.
2. The recordings screen isn't displaying the colored dots. We use them extensively to indicate who has already watched which shows so that we know when we can safely deleted recordings. So the ability to see them and to set/clear them for recordings are high on our wish-list.
I haven't experienced a lock up of "please wait" myself. Another user reported its an issue with their EPG, and clearing the EPG in nextpvr fixed it. The next version of the build (once sub releases the next version of nextpvr, which isnt too far away) changes how the epg is loaded so may fix this.

recordings screen + subtitles: still working on these screens, hopefully will finish them off this week (but cant release another version until next version of nextpvr is out as I'm programming against that).

colour dots: this isnt something I was actually planning on implementing for a while, didnt think it was that highly used. I would also need sub to add api calls to get/set these dots.
Another problem with "bad timeline" .ts file:

For the last 3 weeks, I've had problems with the recordings of Devious Maids showing a "bad timeline" on the PCH. (When I start playing the file, mvpmcx2 shows the current position as several hours into a 1 hour recording. So, you can't skip or resume, etc.)

I've already deleted the first 2, but I uploaded the latest one here:
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!RYghmYQD!OLOXKVJzqc75MEy2-1bgrQVPdVtGwM_x0hOlTbg6jLE
along with its timing.info here:
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!gRZSAJjQ!RuAw2yIlUm3SXY8k-FZ_FRXRJxkZ_B6ApJ2Jp6Q7JCw

This file plays fine on the PC or a PC client with NextPVR. However, on the PCH it displays the current position (at playback startup) as 8+ hours, but will play through if I don't try to skip. On the Samsung client, it won't play at all. It tries to startup playing, but then just quits. I'm guessing this behavior is because the player thinks it's past the end of the file.
BrettB, I checked the file and it is the same problem we've seen before slow start up and about 1MB of bad ts data before it is playable

Martin
I was thinking about getting one of these to check it out. Do you anticipate this player will be fully supported? Also, I read in another thread that you are (or will be) charging for the Samsung app. How much is it and will it be a fee for each tv/device? Thanks.
Aiming at $10USD. It will be an app in the samsung market place, I'm not sure if samsung charges you for each device, or if you purchase it from the same account you get it on all devices.

This player should be fine
There always seems to be something standing in the way of a "one box" solution for me. This player along with your plugin would have been the "one box" but this player apparently enforces Cinavia protection on MKV rips. So frustrating...
Just got a BD-F5900. I loaded NPVR and it gets to "Loading Current Programmes..." and hangs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it with the same results. Any ideas?
Here are my logs
Pages: 1 2 3 4