NextPVR Forums

Full Version: screen dims when pause/skip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I did search.
is there a way to turn off the dimmed image when you pause our skip during video playback? I case it is unintentional, I get a few seconds of dimmed video after unpausing or skipping in the playback, which means I need to skip back so the unwatchable video is prior to where I want to be at, which kinda defeats the purpose of skipping.

thanks.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. My screen doesn't dim when I pause or skip.

Are you talking about the black area at the bottom of the screen, which shows the name of the recording or channel etc?
no, the actual video. if I pause or skip, the video dims, after a second or so it undims.
ok, playing to solve another issue with playback, and this one seems to have gone away. I wish I could say how, but alas. I've downloaded and think I've installed ffdshow, and played a bit with the decoder settings, but the scientific method was not present. sorry, but thank you for the attention.
gunterhausfrau Wrote:no, the actual video. if I pause or skip, the video dims, after a second or so it undims.
Sorry, I don't know. Maybe something to do with the video decoder you're using?

Or are you maybe using a Popcorn Hour / NMT / MVP? I think these dim the screen when any OSD graphics are displayed.
Or dynamic contrast is enabled on either the video card drivers or the TV.
Yeah, dynamic contrast on the TV was something that crossed my mind too.
no, I don't think it was the dynamic contrast, as it stayed dim for a bit, and definitely not on the TV. It was fixed when I was fiddling with the video settings in NPVR, trying to solve another issue. Which I'm still having and will post separately. It went away, but I don't like it when I accidentally fix a problem, we not as much as when I still have the problem, but it won't help the next person (who will likely be me) with the same issue.

Thanks.