NextPVR Forums

Full Version: live tv not working on client install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed the software and configured the client. I also added the win 7 codec pack and when I start live tv I receive and error.

Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Tcp channel protocol violation expecting preamble.

Attached in the text file are the details.
Is it just a Live TV problem or do recordings play back OK. Zip up and attach the Logs directory and give an indication of the time and date the problem happened in case there are some big log files.
The recording to not play but i do not receive the error message.
Its not an error I'm familiar with. I don't remember any other NextPVR users ever reporting this.

I googled the "System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble." message, and found a few posts mentioning its often caused by networking errors, or by firewall software. I'd try temporarily disabling the firewall on client and server.
I disabled firewalls on both machines and I still receive the same message. I will continue to look for an answer Thanks
I am able to play the content with VLC and the Cyberlink product. Just not the player in Nextpvr. Any ideas?
Do your files play on the host PC's client?

Martin
Yes they do. I had to adjust the decoders but I setup the client to use the same ones ans the host machine.
I have the client installed on a vista OS on a laptop and I am able to view recordings and watch live TV on that client.
You've probably got some odd network stack or .net problem on the client machine. I've run into such problems before (not with NPVR, just in general), often times the only reliable solution is to re-install Windows. There's just no good way to figure out what the underlying problem is that's causing it.
Pages: 1 2