NextPVR Forums

Full Version: On Screen navigation, full screen mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perhaps the reaon I am not seeing it is because I have yet to get any channels to work but is there on screen navigation while watching TV? The popup menu is far to small to work with from a distance. WMC has controls that appear right on the screen when you move the mouse. There are buttons to pause, go forward, back etc. I relize I could use a remote but I would rather use a keyboard.

Also is there a full screen mode that I am not seeing that does not display the title and task bar?
you can have it start in Full Screen Mode by checking the box in Settings->General. You can also hit Alt-Enter (which is the standard Windows full-screen key command, but most seem to have forgotten it or never learned it).

The timeline is clickable for navigation, but there are no graphical buttons for pause, play, skip, etc.

The keyboard commands are stored in KeyMappings.xml in the NPVR data directory. The basics are:

Ctrl+P - Pause/Play
Ctrl+left/right arrow - skip back/forward (30/60 second by default)
Ctrl-F/Ctrl-R - ff/rr (either 10 second short skips or "fast motion" depending on Settings->Misc2->FF/RW Behavior)
Ctrl+K - quick record
Ctrl+S or Escape - stop and exit
Thanks. Yep found the setting for full screen.

On screen Nav would be nice but I really use keyboard shortcuts in WMC anyway.

Is the anyway to get an on screen clock? That I really miss. Along with the info page of what I am viewing.

johnsonx42 Wrote:you can have it start in Full Screen Mode by checking the box in Settings->General. You can also hit Alt-Enter (which is the standard Windows full-screen key command, but most seem to have forgotten it or never learned it).

The timeline is clickable for navigation, but there are no graphical buttons for pause, play, skip, etc.

The keyboard commands are stored in KeyMappings.xml in the NPVR data directory. The basics are:

Ctrl+P - Pause/Play
Ctrl+left/right arrow - skip back/forward (30/60 second by default)
Ctrl-F/Ctrl-R - ff/rr (either 10 second short skips or "fast motion" depending on Settings->Misc2->FF/RW Behavior)
Ctrl+K - quick record
Ctrl+S or Escape - stop and exit
Ctrl-B pops-up the info bar, which includes the current time.
by the way, perhaps you might consider the wiki, like this page: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Manual.LiveTV, rather than having me re-explain what others have already documented quite well. This one too: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...dReference