NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Glitsch due to a disabled tuner, or by Design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quite a while back sub added the function to continue the recording if the NPVR server restarts, which
mine does every day at 9:58am. In the past it worked well, providing two recordings in case of a reboot
spanning 10am. I am just curious as to why I ALSO get a failed recording message?
Does anyone know how to postpone taskscheduler until AFTER the recording is complete?
I thought these settings did it - but is still reboots. Can I connect to the NPVR RecordingService somehow? k
I dunno, the log doesn't show it marking any recording as failed, only the first recording and the phantom "0" recording are shown as being marked "recording service restarted" (the oid 0 recording thing is normal, though perhaps not intended, but I've not seen it produce a recording marked failed before). It'd be interesting to look in the database and see the OID of the recording marked failed, and whether there's any filename associated with it.
Does this help troubleshoot that?
ok, now I see where that recording got marked as failed:
Code:
2013-10-04 20:11:52.236    [DEBUG][8]    Requesting wake up for 'RecordingOID4282' at 10/4/2013 7:57 AM
2013-10-04 20:11:52.236    [DEBUG][8]    Marking recording (4282) as 'Recording service not running at recording time'

It was marked as failed because it's start and end times were in the past when the schedule was loaded, but I don't know where it came from or why it got created. It didn't exist at 09:59 when NRecord restarted, but did exist at 20:11 when the recording schedule was reloaded.

I'm testing the same scenario here right now on a version of NPVR later than 2.6.2.
no, rebooting the server during a recording here definitely doesn't create the extra failed recording.

you'll get a failed recording like that if you request a recording on a show that's already ended, but it's very hard to determine if you did that (by mistake). Recording 4281 (the Mentalist on 10/7) and 4282 (the Hot Water show that recorded already) both did not exist until 20:11, and then both appeared in the recording schedule at the same time which doesn't seem like it ought to be possible. But in any case it seems the odd failed recording of Hot Water was definitely created later somehow, and had nothing to do with the restart or recovery process.
Hmmm. Thanks for looking at it all the same, appreciated.

The only things I did recently was :

(a) remove a tuner (that seems to be failing and not waking up) - maybe that tuner was set aside to record, I discovered I had it still in NPVR as NOT present, but enabled.
(b) Do a wee bit of swapping between VISTA x32 and Win7 x64 setups; but I haven't done that for a week or two.

k.
You asked about delaying the reboot. My computer reboots every night after the EPG update if NextPVR is not recording. Sub added a feature to nscripthelper to detect if a recording is being made:-

nscripthelper -isinuse

Once started it checks every 60 seconds until the reply is "NOT RECORDING" then it reboots. If you are interested I can post the script.
jcjefferies Wrote:You asked about delaying the reboot. My computer reboots every night after the EPG update if NextPVR is not recording. Sub added a feature to nscripthelper to detect if a recording is being made:-

nscripthelper -isinuse

Once started it checks every 60 seconds until the reply is "NOT RECORDING" then it reboots. If you are interested I can post the script.

That sounds like just the ticket, yes please. TBH I really thought that Win 7 would be able to do this in Task Scheduler :-)
The contents of my Reboot.bat. which runs after the EPG update every night:-

REM Reboot if not recording
set NSHelper=c:\"program files"\npvr\nscripthelper.exe

:check
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%i in ('%NSHelper% -isinuse') do SET condition=%%i
echo %condition%
IF %condition% =="NOT RECORDING" goto reboot

:delay
sleep 60
goto check

:reboot

echo "About to reboot"