NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Searchlite and 3.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi

If I enter more than two characters in search :
After 20 seconds or so I get either a message Newa may not be started or an NPVR lockup.

When the issue occurs there are these lines in NPVR.log [attached]
2013-10-12 10:18:09.011 [DEBUG][1] Looking for missing assembly(1): C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\SearchLite\SearchLite.XmlSerializers.dll
2013-10-12 10:18:09.011 [DEBUG][1] Looking for assembly in (2) C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\common\SearchLite.XmlSerializers.dll
2013-10-12 10:18:09.011 [DEBUG][1] Looking for assembly in (3) C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR\Plugins\common\SearchLite.XmlSerializers.dll

Thanks
Oops, too many changes to my installer. Could you try it again when you have a chance, I added the missing file.

Martin
Hi Martin

No improvement I'm afraid despite that dll being present now. I did think with earlier testing there was another dll logged as missing but I can't recall what it was and it's not in the log now.
Anyway I've attached logs plus a listing of files in my Searchlite directory.
I've also found that if I search for a phrase in Episode Search directly in Newa it crashes [although saved searches work] - so if you are happy Searchlite should be OK now maybe Newa is at fault?

Thanks
Peter
I think I needed one more changed config file, I have made another change to the installer if you could try it again.

Martin
Hi Again
No change I'm afraid - logs attached. Could it be NEWA?
peter
Petrovski Wrote:Hi Again
No change I'm afraid - logs attached. Could it be NEWA?
peter

Could I see web.log too please?

Martin
Actually there is no web log generated when I do a search in Searchlite whether successful [3 characters or less] or failure [4+].
I've attached the NPVR and NRecord logs after doing a successful search for FI followed by a failed search for FILM [which produced a warning "NEWA may not be started" after 20 seconds or so.
I've also attached a web log and text from a browser error page produced when I searched for FILM in NEWA episode search phrase. [NEWA search phrase doesn't work for me at all even if I just enter FI]. Please note the NEWA error is not related to using Searchlite - perhaps UJB will comment on it.

That's it for today.

Thanks
peter
e-mail me you npvr.db3 database. I will need to step through and see what is happening.... appears to be a data issue.

uncle.johns.bnd@gmail.com
Petrovski Wrote:Actually there is no web log generated when I do a search in Searchlite whether successful [3 characters or less] or failure [4+].

I think I found the source of the problem, I do my development on a client machine know and C# was using my stored values rather then the config file I send with the app. I have a workaround in place now uploaded to the wiki.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I have a workaround in place now uploaded to the wiki.

Martin
Martin, I'm still seeing a similar problem. 3+ character searches show NEWA not running message. 2 character searches work, but when I choose one of the returned results, I get the NEWA error again.

I've tried uninstalling the plugin (directory was empty, no residual config files) and then D/L the latest and installing to no avail.

I was looking through the log before attaching, and I think I can sum it up to one line:
The current identity (NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) does not have write access to 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files'
There is no 'Temporary ASP.NET Files' directory under the existing 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\' directory.

I'm running 3.1.1 with no patches, on Win 8.1 64bit. I have firewall and defender disabled.

Older Searchlite was running fine on the pre 3.1.1. I've updated SearchLite, ImageLite, and TVListings for 3.1.1.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8