NextPVR Forums

Full Version: X-NEWA "Chameleon" pre-release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The next version of x-newa I previewed here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...eleon-quot is available for preview. Because I expect there will be a few updates to x-newa and to the web client interface over this release I have created, with the help of whurlston's web site an xbmc repository to allow online updates.

I will do my write-up on Chameleon in another post, the purpose of the pre-release is to confirm the repo is working. To install the repo download this zip file http://xbmc.epgtools.com/repository.next...lugins.zip and install it like any other xbmc addon directly from the zip

Alternatively you can add http://xbmc.epgtools.com to System -> File manager -> Add source and you can install the repository directly

Since you should be able to load x-newa after this here is a pre-release FAQ

- lots of settings changes to be documented
- to exit web client hit C or your context menu key
- if you it exit on the NextPVR menu you restart the client, sub hasn't implement exit notification, so wait 10 seconds for it to restart
- If you setup NextPVR as the interface the next time you start x-newa it will jump into the web client UI
- if you do want to go back from auto starting NextPVR mode you hit Ctrl-X with the UI up
- web client only really tested with a keyboard, mouse and touch won't work, some remote keys will work

Martin
Hi Martin,

I've been waiting for this; we're so comfortable with the NPVR interface, and resume between XMBC and PCH clients will be perfect. So, thank you!

Playing recordings is working fine, but I'm not doing do well with live TV. "working" comes up, but (most times) it appears to stop working too soon, before the server starts to stream. My system is very slow to start live tv and change channels, I have to say. On the server, I see the channel flash up in the status window, and disappear almost immediately. I don't have this problem with the LiveTV pvr plugin.

Any suggestions?
austinwhite Wrote:Hi Martin,

I've been waiting for this; we're so comfortable with the NPVR interface, and resume between XMBC and PCH clients will be perfect. So, thank you!

Playing recordings is working fine, but I'm not doing do well with live TV. "working" comes up, but (most times) it appears to stop working too soon, before the server starts to stream. My system is very slow to start live tv and change channels, I have to say. On the server, I see the channel flash up in the status window, and disappear almost immediately. I don't have this problem with the LiveTV pvr plugin.

Any suggestions?

You would need to tell me more about your setup but there is no reason to believe this will work better than the PVR addon does. Certainly things have improved on this front in Gotham alphas since mid-Sept. so that is the best place to start. In the x-newa setup you can also turn on timeshifting mode with various pre and post buffer times, increase the pre buffer to catch up with your server might help.

Remember too the point of this thread is the new repo Did that work ok? You should open separate threads for general support questions on x-newa.

Martin
FWIW, I added the repo as a source and updated my x-newa to the latest via the repo without issue. Works great.
Great thank for checking. Tonight I will force a version change to see if there is a notice.

Martin
I just downloaded the zip from the repo, but I won't be able to test until after dinner...

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I just downloaded the zip from the repo, but I won't be able to test until after dinner...

Alex

Thanks Alex let me know when you have it and then I'll make the change for the two of you.

Martin
What version number did you put on the repo?

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:What version number did you put on the repo?

It should show you when you browse into the repo on the panel on the right. 2.0.12

Martin
I added the source to both the laptop and the tablet and after a bit of fiddling about, I managed to install 2.0.12 from the repo on both...

Alex
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8