NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NZ: BD-F6500 (2013 Smart Bluray) on sale at goodguys for $200!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
saw this yesterday and picked one up for my folks (they wanted netflix/plex and this looked better than an appletv).

Samsung_3D_Blu-Ray_Player-Wi-Fi_BD-F6500

key points
- 2013 model with dual core (so fast)
- smart hub (so can run apps including nextpvr for samsung Smile)
- its pretty cheap for NZD$200

Personally I would buy this over a cheaper 2012 device if you happen to find a cheap 2012 device (they go on special at times).

They're on clearance so I'd grab one while you can.

My local goodguys, manukau, didnt have any in stock (said they were getting stock on tuesday) so I went to JBhifi and got them to price match it (they had plenty of stock).
anyone interested in pitching in to get one for sub? I'll happily put in $100.
I don't mind putting some money in - sorry missed this post. (which reminds me, time to donate)
Looks like $200 is becoming standard. I got mine for that price at LV Martin, and looks they still have it that price too.
the $109 was a good deal for the 2012 device, and it went back to over $200 for the that one, so $200 for a dual core 2013 is a great deal IMO. but personally i rather have a 2013 TV Smile
I'm going to head down to my local LM Martin store to see if they have them in stock, and pick one up.

BD-F6500 right? Reven you mentioned 6400 in your title, but the link was to a 6500.
oh, yeah 6500 is all good Smile

Basically you just want a "smart hub" player, and the 2013 device with dual core are the best (a lot faster than 2012 devices).
reven Wrote:anyone interested in pitching in to get one for sub? I'll happily put in $100.
Thanks I appreciate the offer - I know from past experiences that these 'chip in to buy something for sub' campaigns never seem to work Big Grin still taking donations if anyone feels like sending me a few bucks towards it Big Grin

I've gone down and bought a BD-F6500. Now I just have to hide it from my wife, or pretend we had it all along....kidding.

I must say, after standing in front of the walls of TVs, I'm pretty damn happy with my two Panasonic Plasmas - I think their picture blows away the LCDs I saw I looked at.