NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Audio with Colossus issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all, congratulations on 3.1.1. I'm really enjoying it!

One issue I have though (and I think this was the same in the previous version) is that sometimes when I view a channel it will start with no audio. Sometimes I will hear a few stuttery sounds then nothing. If I right-click and manually select the audio stream it comes back. Which is an ok workaround for live-tv watching but for scheduled recordings no audio is recorded about half the time.

This is with Hauppauge Colossus, SPDIF, Hauppauge, Hauppauge AC-3 decoder.

Is there something I can do to get audio to reliably record?
Try setting every audio format except AC3 to Disabled on Settings->Decoders, especially MPEG1. You would need AAC if you were using RCA cables like you did just after switching to Colossus last month. Are you certain that every channel was updated to SPDIF on Settings->Devices via right-click menu? If this problem only happens on certain channels, that's probably it.

[Edit] Do any of the channels where this problem occurs have more than one [AC3, eng] audio stream? BTW you'd need to re-enable MPEG1 to play analog recordings made with your previous HVR-1600.
Zeb Wrote:Try setting every audio format except AC3 to Disabled on Settings->Decoders, especially MPEG1. You would need AAC if you were using RCA cables like you did just after switching to Colossus last month. Are you certain that every channel was updated to SPDIF on Settings->Devices via right-click menu? If this problem only happens on certain channels, that's probably it.

[Edit] Do any of the channels where this problem occurs have more than one [AC3, eng] audio stream? BTW you'd need to re-enable MPEG1 to play analog recordings made with your previous HVR-1600.

OK, everything but AC3 disabled. Checked channels - they are all set to SPDIF.

On my good recording, audio tracks show 'disabled' and 'Track 1 [AC#]'
The bad recordings only show 'disabled' under audio tracks.

The problem is intermittent and doesn't appear to be happening on specific channels.

Thanks. Fingers crossed the decoder disabling does the trick.
Sadly, still not working. I came home, switched to a channel in the EPG and it came up with no audio. Under "audio streams" none were available it just showed 'disabled'.
Restarted NPVR and audio was restored.
i3c Wrote:The problem is intermittent and doesn't appear to be happening on specific channels.

Sounds like it could be loose connections or bad cables, but try this: Go to C:\Users\Public\NPVR (assuming you aren't running XP) and open Config.xml with Notepad. Near the bottom under heading <HDPVR> you should see <ForceSPDIF>false</ForceSPDIF>. Change "false" to "true" then File->Save As. Important: Change "Save as type" to "All Files" and add .xml to file name because .txt simply won't do. [Edit] I would then restart NPVR Service.

I shouldn't have put so much emphasis on disabling MPEG1. That's been known to solve certain audio problems in live TV but shouldn't have any effect on recordings playback. I really thought it was a matter of individual channels not being updated to SPDIF at that point. If this problem persists, please zip and attach your Logs folder, which is in the same directory as Config.
intermittent audio continuing, attaching logs.
i3c Wrote:intermittent audio continuing, attaching logs.

You don't seem to have an aac decoder enabled

2013-10-25 18:02:46.030 [DEBUG][1] audio renderer now AAC

Do you have your STB set up to output ac3?

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:You don't seem to have an aac decoder enabled

2013-10-25 18:02:46.030 [DEBUG][1] audio renderer now AAC

Do you have your STB set up to output ac3?

Martin

one of the previous solutions was to disable all audio decoders but ac3.
i can reenable aac.
The STB is set up to output ac3.
OK, I've re-enabled all the decoders. I still have intermittent missing audio.
I've attached new logs.
This line seemed suspicious -
2013-10-29 18:33:17.639 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: AC3Filter

thanks,
I.
This is the suspicious line

2013-10-29 18:32:56.840 [DEBUG][1] Dynamic reference clock set to: AAC Audio Renderer

since you are using SPDIF

That to me means your stb is not sending ac3

Martin
Pages: 1 2