NextPVR Forums

Full Version: [be] [pal - dvbt/c/s] [2012] led-tv ue46es8000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this app so forgive me if I overlooked something but I can't seem to get the NextPVR Samsung app to start properly. Therefore I would appreciate some advice as this seems a very stupid start to kick in.
I've succesfully installed the app and have been able to run it properly by first time installation. At first time run I've got the startup screen with the buttons TV-Guide / Recordings / Settings on my ES8000.So far so good.
Then I went to settings and filled the IP server address with 10.0.0.200 and kept the standard web port to 8866 as this are my NextPVR settings on my HTPC.
Then I've hit the button to connect to the NextPVR HTPC and the app was trying to connect to the NextPVR server for many minutes.
As I didn't get any confirmation on a succesfully connection to the server I've canceled the app and restarted the Samsung TV (power OFF/ON).

The IP field 10.0.0.200 with port 8866 should be OK as this are the settings to access NextPVR with the NEWA app on a remote PC in my LAN network (I hope it's not http://10.0.0.200 I needed to fill in in the settings server field). I'm not sure whether in the TV Smarthub center I was still signed in as "develop" at first time run but I guess that's only important for installing the Samsung NextPVR app.

So after restarting the TV and starting the NextPVR Samsung app once again the app display a message "Waiting for loading plugin".
From then the app hangs for many minutes with only this message and nothing progress. The only way to quit the app then is hitting the TV SmartApp button (TV return and exit buttons do nothing).

I guess something is wrong with the Samsung app NextPVR server settings or I need to do something extra on the NextPVR HTPC to let the Samsung app connect properly to the NextPVR server (Firewall is disabled).
I removed the app and reinstalled it hoping afterwards I could get back in the Samsung app main menu to change settings, did a TV reboot, and tried a couple more times.
Same message appears on the screen so the app hangs there waiting to load the plugin.
I don't know what is the average time to start up the app but if everything works fine I suppose it shouldn't be more than a couple of seconds?

I've installed the app today so I guess I have the latest version running for which I saw on the version log there has been a display message enhancement when not finding the NextPVR server.
Maybe it's this message I see now on the screen but I don't know for sure. Can't check the version in the app as it hangs in "Waiting for loading plugin" modus.

There is nothing wrong on the LAN network as from the Samsung TV I can access my Twonky media server app on the NextPVR HTPC and I can also access the NextPVR NEWA app with the Samsung TV Internet browser using http://10.0.0.200:8866/Guide2.aspx

Can someone shine some light on what is going wrong and how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for the advice (I must be overlooking something stupid during initial setup).
Brgds.
can you please confirm the version you are running is 0.124 ? (it should say in the apps screen of smarthub).

I recently improved the handling of no connection so it should timeout after 10 seconds on loading the connection and show an connection error message and just show "Settings" and "Exit" in main menu (it should of showed "TV Guide" etc on first install, just those two).

You only need to enter the address, not http. Personally I use the machine name eg "myserver". I havent actually tested an IP address. I should add some validation to this before saving the value, theres only so many things you can enter (ip4/ip6/hostname/fqdn, ie i can reject if you do enter http:// just to avoid any confusion)
also can you edit the forum title to match:

[Country][tv format][year of model] model

eg
[NZ][DVB-T][2013] Blu-Ray BD-F6500

just makes it easier for me see what device these issues are happening on.

and if you push the TTX button (next to 0, under 7) it should turn on a debug window which might let you know whats happening.
Hi Reven,
version = 0.124
Looking at the debug window I see the App successfully connecting to the NextPVR server but receive an API Connection error.
Sometimes the Samsung app main menu shows up with options Settings and Exit but sometimes I only see the debug window and a black background.
The message "Waiting to load the plugin" is always displayed.
The message confused me in a way that I thought I had to disable the NextPVR plugins so I tried that but it didn't make any difference.

In the debug window I saw a line passing with XBMC in it. Should I enable that setting in NextPVR and make remote control enabled? If so what should be used as access code (default = 0000).
The same for the WebUI support. At the moment this NextPVR setting is enabled to allow remote access to the NEWA guide, which works fine using the TV web browser, but I've changed the password (user = admin).

I gues the "Wait for plugin to load" means the Samsung app is waiting for the API connection to be successful.
If so wouldn't it be better to replace the "plugin" word by "app" to avoid confusion with the NextPVR plugins?
If not I gues I'm way off in my logical thinking.

Is there a way to capture the debug window on the TV so I can send you the debug content?

Remark: Could this problem be NextPVR EPG related? I've seen some remarks in the post of DR03K having difficulties in getting initial setup working?

Rgds.
can you let me know what the error is exactly? sadly theres no easy way to get the logs (since you cant write files/read files from the tv), this is something I need to fix (tried an online service but that didnt work out too well).

it doesnt use pin number at all.
xbmc is the client id, at the time i created the app its the only one that worked i believe.
you dont need to disable any plugins in nextpvr, ive changed the loading message to clear up any confusion.

It could be EPG related... the startup routine is
1. connect to server
2. load settings
3. load channels
4. refresh current programmes (now/next for mini guide)
5. load channel groups

you should be able to see what URLs are being access in the nextpvr logs (easiest way is to exit nextpvr app if running, stop nextpvr service. delete all logs. start nextpvr service. open nextpvr for samsung) then when it just hangs, exit nextpvr for samsung, stop nextpvr service. look at logs (and/or upload here for me to have a look).
Reven,

I've tried to follow what the debug window is showing as info but the lines come one after another very rapidly so until the app hangs it's difficult to see exactly what is exactly happening.
The IP address 10.0.0.200 is used as input field, which is the normal way how to use it (without adding http://IP), but if I fill in the HTPC server name as listed in the LAN network I receive a connection error "Server not found". I guess 10.0.0.200 is OK for now as with this setting I don't get the message "Server not found".

The app seems to walk through most of the starting steps until it hangs circling around displaying the follwing lines on the screen:

#### Listings need to refresh
CurrentProgrammes not set, needs refreshing
Fetching:http://10.0.0.200:8866/service?method=ch...gs.current channel.id=7431, 7421 ...
{"channelIds#:[7431, 7421 ...

This message repeats itself around each 10 seconds.
At one point I also saw

player.State:0
player.isOpen:false

and then again circling the message #### Listings need to refresh

As fas as I can follow in the debug window, I saw step 3. load channels as from where the circling starts to happen.

Should I clear the NextPVR pin settings on the XBMC client (currently = 0000)?
I suppose the NextPVR WebUI settings (username + password) are not used in the app so I can leave them as they are?

As for clearing and sending you the NextPVR logs, I'll try to do that this weekend as I need to keep the WAF happy.

Thanks again for the advice and good support.
I'll hope we can fix the issues as I'm eager to get the app up and running (seems very promising).

Ciao.
the repeating message of listings not current you can ignore (theres a background thread that keeps these up to date, which is just firing off).

you dont need to worry about pin, or any webui settings I dont use them.

it sounds like it might not be able to reach the server... if you update to the latest version 0.126, the loading screen says what its currently loading.
reven Wrote:the repeating message of listings not current you can ignore (theres a background thread that keeps these up to date, which is just firing off).

you dont need to worry about pin, or any webui settings I dont use them.

it sounds like it might not be able to reach the server... if you update to the latest version 0.126, the loading screen says what its currently loading.

There is a notable bug in 3.1.1 that breaks the PIN if the user ever tries to change it wit the setup UI. I'm sure how that might impact api calls but it might.

Martin
I'm not sure whether this makes sence but as mentioned before at first installation of the app it got stuck with the message "Waiting to load plugin".
As I couldn't figure out what was going wrong I've checked the Client settings in NextPVR.
I saw there was an XBMC setting which was not enabled and turned it on also did a reset on the PIN to 0000 just to make sure.
Looking at the comments of Martin, could this be a reason why the app is not completing all 5 steps?

I'll try to install the latest version 0.126 this weekend and see what this gives as additional information in the debug window.
PS: Isn't there a way to dump the debug window to a TV USB stick (FAT/NTFS/EXT3_4)?

Trying to find a solution to get the app working all suggestions are welcome.
Brgds.
Cut and paste the PIN value from the config.master into config.xml and restart the recording service.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6