NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Huge problem with Audio sync and stuttering....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having huge issues with audio stuttering and sync issues. It is completely wrecking the experience. It is as if the system is not buffering anything as it happens with recorded and live playback. Stopping and restarting occasionally helps but not always. I think it might have to do with the back-end but cannot tell if there is some sort of analysis that I can do. Has anyone experienced and trouble shot this type of problem?
Its probably to do with the audio decoders or audio renderer on your machine. If you're able, it might be worth disabling all the audio decoders other than the one you require. Some users have problems when multiple audio decoders are enabled.
Thanks. I will give that a try. Would it be on the front-end, back-end or both?
I should also ask, which one should be left behind/kept?
schneideris Wrote:I should also ask, which one should be left behind/kept?
It depends which audio format you're using there. If analog it'd be MPEG1 Layer II, if it's digital it could be AC3, or if you're unlucky it'd be a mixture of the two... which makes it hard to disable all-but-one.
schneideris Wrote:Thanks. I will give that a try. Would it be on the front-end, back-end or both?
Decoders are playback thing, so on the NextPVR client. (unless you're using an alternative front end, like XBMC etc...in which case disregard everything I've said above... and give a better description of your problem next time Big Grin )
Check the network speed that BOTH adapters are using - I had the same problem when my XP PC decided to connect at 10Mb/s rather than the usual 100.
Nope, nothing worked. On the frontend I dropped out the other audio decoders to no effect. Checked network spreads on the server and client with both at 1Gb and so is the switch.

By the way, there is no XBMC in use. This is a our NextPVR config. I used to run MythTV with no playback issues butte at was the same when I first started with NextPVR.

I am starting to wonder about the capture cards or server capability. They are older and have been in use for many years. Don't really think the capture card is the culprit so I need to start considering the performance of the server.

And ideas on what I might consider on the server? It is a standard desktop box with an AMD processor.
what audio decoder are you using? what video decoder? I've had certain combinations give me audio sync issues.