NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Best transcoder for FreeSat .TS files ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to compress the .TS files and have tried "AnyVideoConverter" and a couple of others but they all seem to suffer from the
same problem ... ie they seem to introduce a delay between the Audio and Video that is NOT there in the original .TS file.

AVC is supposed to have a control that automatically re-syncs them, but even at maximum there is a very noticeable and irritating delay.

Is there a package that will achieve this with a minimum of "fiddling" ??

Ideally, it should produce MPG4 files, but MPG would be OK.

TIA
Bob
Handbrake and Freemake both work very well for me to produce mp4 files.

For Freemake I use the "I Pad" preset.

For handbrake I use the following command line:
HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "Input file" -o "Output file" --preset="iPhone & iPod Touch"

With those I do not see any AV sync issues except for a couple of times where I determined that the original files were where the AV was out of sync.

I can play the resulting files on my Rokus, WD Live or any of my computers without problem.
Thanks - I'll give them a try
There is also ffmpeg with preset "superfast" which is quick and gives good quality. Very useful if you don't have many glitches in your original recording.
Thanks
If you are using a recent Intel CPU, there are a few progs which use their built in hardware acceleration which makes an incredible difference to the speed. I think recent betas of Handbrake add support for this (no good for me - I am on AMD Smile )
I'v heard rumors that there is something similar under development for the new AMD APU's.
Other options that can be used to address Handbrake AV sync issues (with OTA .ts files) is use the Mkv container instead of Mp4, or use Constant Framerate (--cfr).