NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Does the IMPORT command still work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone verify that the Import command still works in 3.1.1.
I'm referring to the DOS command line switch, "-import".

I've created a Videos.XML file that imports without any problem, if I use the config/recordings options popup, but I can't get it to work using the command line switch. I have never used this method yet, so I may be doing something wrong.

Nothing shows up in the logfile, and there's no error returned by DOS, but the file is not imported.

If you know for sure it still works, can you please give me the exact syntax needed.

Thanx!
Yes, the you can run "nextpvr.exe -import filename", where filename is either a .ts file, or an xml file in the same format exported by NextPVR (see recording-backup.xml for example format)

The application will exit immediately after importing the file.

The npvr.log show contain any error.
So there are no colons, equal sign, quotation marks, etc., just "nextpvr.exe -import videos.xml".
I'm executing the command in the USERS/PUBLIC/NPVR directory, if that makes a difference.
I'm just not getting it to wrok.
jrockow Wrote:So there are no colons, equal sign, quotation marks, etc., just "nextpvr.exe -import videos.xml".
I'm executing the command in the USERS/PUBLIC/NPVR directory, if that makes a difference.
I'm just not getting it to wrok.
Nextpvr.exe is in the program directory, usually C:\program Files\NPVR or C:\Program Files (x86)\NPVR
Do "nextpvr.exe -import c:\path\to\my\file.xml"
Thanx, I think I finally got it! Smile