NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR / Girder Keyboard Commands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been struggling to get Girder 5 remote control software to play nicely with NPVR. I have managed to get almost everything working except the commands Ctrl+Right & Ctrl+Left. Girder seems incapable of emulating these keys and I was wondering if there is an alternative method I can use with NPVR to achieve the same function?

Unfortunately these commands appear to be 'hard wired' into the program as I have been unable to change them in the KeyMappings. Specifically I am trying to send the Ctrl+Right function to the TV Guide to skip on 24 hours.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Unfortunately these core UI navigation keys are not configurable.

You can probably get them to work in live TV and video playback by editing the keymappings.xml, and adding commands for "SkipForward" and "SkipBack".

EDIT: Actually it does work for the TV Guide as well. For example, adding this to keymapping.xml added an additional way to skip forward a day:
<Key code="{ALT}L" command="SkipForward"/>
Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately Mapping the SkipForward and SkipBack function keys only seem to work via the keyboard Sad

The Girder log indicates accepting the key and confirms sending it but the application ignores the command unless it comes from the keyboard:confused
Very occasionally the application will receive the command but its more miss than hit ~1:20 I have no issues with the normal commands like Play/Stop etc

I have girder focused on sending the key to NPVR.exe, the same as the rest of the commands and they work just fine.

Very frustrating.

Aside from Keyboard, is it possible to send commands any other way?
I gave up Girder years ago and switched to HIP.