NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't initiate recording from client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Live TV and TV Guide work fine but I can start a recording from a client.
Looks like your database share is read only:

Quote:2013-11-25 15:10:33.921 [DEBUG][6] TV Listings: Exception details: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): attempt to write a readonly database
attempt to write a readonly database
Thanks that fixed it. In case anyone runs into this issue:
Right click on NPVR folder> Properties> Sharing> Advanced Sharing> Permissions> Check all 3 options:
[Image: 1z3m8u8.jpg]
I have tried many permissions setting even the one in this post and I still have the same issue, when I try to add a recording I get the same error popup see below. Everything else works fine on my client, this started once I move to Windows 7 about a year ago so it's time to ask for help, btw today I'm running 2.6.2

Daryl

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.ScheduleRecording(EPGEvent epgEvent, Boolean onlyNewEpisodes, ScheduledRecording scheduledEvent, Boolean allocateRecurring, DayMask dayMask, Int32 keep, Int32 recurrenceGroupID, Boolean timeslot, Boolean forceScheduleReload, String advancedRules)
at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.ScheduleRecording(EPGEvent epgEvent, ScheduledRecording scheduledEvent, Boolean allocateRecurring, DayMask dayMask, Int32 keep, Int32 recurrenceGroupID, Boolean timeslot, Boolean forceScheduleReload)
at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.ScheduleRecording(EPGEvent epgEvent, Int32 prePadding, Int32 postPadding, RecordingQuality quality, String recordingDirectoryID)
at NShared.RecordingServiceProxy.ScheduleRecording(EPGEvent epgEvent, RecordingQuality quality)
at NextPVR.TV.ShowDetailsPopup.HandleCommand(String command)
at NextPVR.TV.ShowDetailsPopup.HandleButtonCommand(String buttonName)
at NUtility.Controls.UiButtonList.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at NextPVR.TV.ShowDetailsPopup.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.OnKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at NextPVR.ControllerForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
dljones8053 Wrote:I have tried many permissions setting even the one in this post and I still have the same issue, when I try to add a recording I get the same error popup see below. Everything else works fine on my client, this started once I move to Windows 7 about a year ago so it's time to ask for help, btw today I'm running 2.6.2
The cause isn't clear from that stack trace. Can you reproduce the problem and post the logs too?
Don't forget to add "Everyone" in the security tab, also.
ga_mueller Wrote:Don't forget to add "Everyone" in the security tab, also.

Not trying to hijack this thread or anything like that.... but thank you for that .... I couldn't figure out why two of my whole recording drive shares wouldn't allow me to copy recordings over to my play pc (not that I had spent any time trying to figure out why these wouldn't let me but all the others would)... you would thing M$ would do that security setting automatically when you selected all the box's under the sharing advanced tab.
Rights are inherited when you change them or copy files, but the Microsoft logic that get in the way is when you try and use Drag and Drop files/folders rights don't change. From a security perspective that probably is a good thing, from a user's probably not.

Martin
Thanks Sub, here you go

Attached are all my files out of the NXPVR log folder on the client and all the info out of the popup.

I forgot this in my last e-mail my XBMC plugin works fine on the same laptop adding a recording even before I added everyone in the security permissions. This is why I'm stumped as XBMC plugin works fine on the system system vs. nxpvr client don't as setting up a recording.

Daryl
Can you schedule recordings directly on the server?
Pages: 1 2