NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Merry Xmas: Open access to beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Wow reven, saw your youtube video, and definately had to try your app. This looks like the BEST guide i've seen in awhile!!!

I do have a problem tho, I have the app installed on smart hub and everything, i can get to the menu, which says "settings and exit", but what is the nextpvr server ip or name? I tried my ip address, said "failed to connect". Tried host name, also. I looked everywhere for nextpvr's web server name. I'm somewhat of a novice, when it comes to networking.

Do i also need to install the next pvr 3.1.1. on my pc, and keep it running, for nextpvr app on smarthub to work on tv, like mentioned above?

Samsung(mfg. May of 2013) model: un32eh5300. Live in Central U.S.
1. nextpvr on the server must always be running when using the samsung app, it communicates to it directly for recordings/playback etc. if thats not on, it wont work
2. check your tv/brp can actually access the network, and check your firewall on your nextpvr server. best way it to try and access NEWA from a different machine. it could be a firewall issue with the nextpvr server.
Ok...thx.

It was firewall issue, afterall, with ip. Then, installed nextpvr 3.1.1 on pc, but when i start service, i get error message, "Server database not found at: \\dvblink\npvr\npvr.db3"

I think service still starts and believe it's running, bcuz when i go to app on smarthub, this time it gives me "loading channels" screen. However, not sure if its stuck there, or just taking a long time to load my local channels?

Also, when i restart recording service, it says "System Data->SQLiteException...SQL logic error or missing database, no such table: TEMP_File
first get your nextpvr running, then worry about the plugin. just ask in the general forum for help regarding nextpvr.
Ok...will do.

Hey, thanks again for the replies, and also for open access to this beta =)
Hi, I've been trying all day to get this working, and am excited for the progress. I finally have NPVR working on the server for the most part, and now the Samsung App on the client TV hangs on "Loading Current Programmes" I have power cycled, unplugged, and reinstalled the app. The app was working earlier when I first set it up, although it was very sluggish and unusable then. I have my firewall settings where they need to be, the current version of NPVR server with the patch, and version .133 on a UN46F6300 over wifi. Thank You for your time.
reven Wrote:Well its been in beta for ages, development has slowed (xmas time life always gets busy this time of year), so to give me a kick in the pants, I'm opening up the beta. More users requesting stuff usually means more motivation to add stuff Smile

Instructions (ill hopefully someone can help me improve these Smile)

1. Sign in as "develop" in smart hub
  2. Once signed in navigate to new menu option "IP Address"
  3. Enter the ip address "203.86.201.68"
  4. Click "Sync Apps"
  5. NextPVR should now be available

Whenever you need to upgrade you will have to do the following (otherwise not all code gets upgraded and you WILL experience bugs)
  1. Turn TV/BRP off
  2. In smart hub "Sync Apps" again (same menu as in first install)
  3. NextPVR will be updated
Basically if you had your device on previously and nextpvr was previously opened, if you upgrade it wont update all files.

Can someone please reply here with step by step instructions to sign in as develop on a 2012 and a 2013 device? I can' recall it off the top of my head Smile

I stumbled across NextPVR and your app quite by accident, and it looks like it may be the solution I have been looking for!

Unfortunately when I try and select "server" from settings the app hangs, the debug screen still notes key presses however?

Does the app find the server on the LAN automatically, and would this suggest my firewall is not quite right?

Impressed with the look of the app so far.

Using a 32F5500 in Australia
you need to get nextpvr up and running first then use the ip number from the pc running nextpvr and enter into settings(make sure that machine uses a static ip number )
try turning animations off to begin with its in settings in app
stustunz Wrote:you need to get nextpvr up and running first then use the ip number from the pc running nextpvr and enter into settings(make sure that machine uses a static ip number )
try turning animations off to begin with its in settings in app

The server is running well (really impressed with it compared to WMC), the issue is when I select the IP address menu in the settings section the App hangs.

I am going to set up a PC Client tomorrow to make sure the firewall is all good.
closing this thread. if you're having issues, please create a separate thread, otherwise things will get lost with all the other posts.
Pages: 1 2