NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Do we have a wishlist here??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very impressed with how well your app works with my recently purchased TV reven - many thanks.
There is one thing causing a slight problem with watching recordings and one "nice to have" from npvr.

First is "is it possible to have subtitle displayed?" Going into a series directory, there is only the date to differentiate recordings. (see attached pics).

The "nice to have" feature is also in the same area to help navigate season directories. npvr has the ability to flag recordings with 1 to 4 RGBY colours for users to use as they wish to flag recordings (i.e. up to four people saying they have watched something).

I hope a wishlist for this app is acceptable?
martint123 Wrote:The "nice to have" feature is also in the same area to help navigate season directories. npvr has the ability to flag recordings with 1 to 4 RGBY colours for users to use as they wish to flag recordings (i.e. up to four people saying they have watched something).

The colours aren't available in sub's xml so its really two wishes since reven doesn't want to use UJB's API.

Martin
I guessed it was down to what is available in an API, but not knowing my way round that I could only hope. (and only mentioned it as it was in the same area as the main request).
My wish list item is "Videos". It would be great to be able to stream from the server's video library.

Pete
widman Wrote:My wish list item is "Videos". It would be great to be able to stream from the server's video library.

Pete
+1
martint123 Wrote:First is "is it possible to have subtitle displayed?" Going into a series directory, there is only the date to differentiate recordings. (see attached pics).

The "nice to have" feature is also in the same area to help navigate season directories. npvr has the ability to flag recordings with 1 to 4 RGBY colours for users to use as they wish to flag recordings (i.e. up to four people saying they have watched something).

+1 for both of these! I understand that the colors info isn't currently available via sub's xml, but they really are important, so hopefully, sub will add that in a future version.
I've added support for it in the API.
sub Wrote:I've added support for it in the API.

Yeah! Thanks, sub!
the colour buttons is a slight problem as those buttons are used by other functions. i could look into using perhaps 1,2,3,4 or maybe try a long keypress of the colour button to flag it (have to see if i can read a long keypress using samsung remote).

for videos, i did a quick play with this, but i couldnt get good performance from this using a 1080p movie, playback was terrible, i couldnt skip etc, this will all be server side stuff (so a change on subs end). but tbh, not sure if its worth it. its never going to be as good as plex, so why not just install plex media server on the same machine and use the plex app for those kinda things and nextpvr for tv? changing apps is quick, and well you would be doing that for netflix etc anyway.
I could live without the colour buttons (maybe half-way, with them displayed but settable at a later date if possible??)
The absence of the subtitle on the recording listing makes things a bit hit and miss though.
Pages: 1 2