NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Search Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I want to find a show in the future that I want to record, let's say "Sleepy Hallow" is there a way to search for it in the guide, or do I need to scroll around looking for it manually?
There is a built-in search function (another menu item like Guide), or there is an enhanced Search plugin - SearchLite.
or (or the show is not in your EPG at this time) you can create searches within NEWA and it will automatically search your EPG every time you update it (or something like that).
So you can get it to record any episode of "Sleepy Hallow" that appears at any time in the future. (although you might have more luck with "Sleepy Hollow" :-)
Will these work with NPVR Web Console? My thought is that I am at work and remember that I want to record a show, hoping to log into Web Console search for the show and set record feature.
ricksuper67 Wrote:Will these work with NPVR Web Console? My thought is that I am at work and remember that I want to record a show, hoping to log into Web Console search for the show and set record feature.

The NEWA web server which comes installed with NextPVR does that. This Web Console was an alternate web interface that has been abandoned.

Martin
Well there goes a couple hours of my life.
I want to ask a quick favor. I know it must be somewhere in the instructions, but could you tell me how to access the NEWA when I am at work on a different computer and network. Got NEWA working on this computer, but the whole RSS feeds, HTTPS and this fiasco makes me want to ask the question before I waste time on an easy question?
you need a your home ip number in place of the server ip number
also you may need to port forward the correct ports
I use noip free account to get around the changing ip number
also you will need to set your user name and password in npvr settings
if you have a iphone or android turn off the wifi to check you have the setting correct(forces it to use 3G/4G instead of wifi)

examples
internet access http://xyz.servebeer.com:8866/guide.aspx (i use old guide hate all the extra BS)
wifi access http://192.168.1.100:8866/guide.aspx
All I need to do know is find my router password
now