NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV black screen with audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a fresh install and live tv changes from showing a picture to black screen after about 3 seconds. Audio is not affected.

i have cycled through the different decoders and do not see a difference. Any ideas?
bdshaffer Wrote:I have a fresh install and live tv changes from showing a picture to black screen after about 3 seconds. Audio is not affected.

i have cycled through the different decoders and do not see a difference. Any ideas?

This is never a good sign in the logs "Adding system MPEG2 decoder" If you are using LAV make sure that MPEG2 video is enabled. Also on Win7 definiitely start with the Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder for both MPEG2 and h264

Martin
i forgot to add that recording and playback of recorded over the air ATSC is working just fine. It is only viewing live TV that goes from great picture for 3 seconds to black.
try unchecking "Use Alternate OSD for Missing Video" in Settings->Misc (or maybe Misc2). This is often the culprit when it's just Live TV having this problem.
"Using fake OSD" makes me think johnsonx42 has a point, but I'm also suspicious about your Live TV buffer directory. Is your Recordings directory also on drive T? Putting the buffer in C:\Temp or somewhere in C:\Users\Public would avoid difficulties with permissions. This is from NRecord log:

Code:
2014-01-04 09:40:23.031    [DEBUG][13]    Asking NDigitalHost to start: LIVE&T:\Buffer\live-KHOU-DT-5837.ts
2014-01-04 09:40:25.299    [DEBUG][13]    Live TV handle: 0x140001
2014-01-04 09:40:45.400    [ERROR][8]    Live stream expired without renewal. (handle:140001)

I would also set AAC Audio to Disabled and make sure that LAV is selected for AC3 Audio.
This was the problem. Thanks for the help guys.

johnsonx42 Wrote:try unchecking "Use Alternate OSD for Missing Video" in Settings->Misc (or maybe Misc2). This is often the culprit when it's just Live TV having this problem.
mvallevand Wrote:This is never a good sign in the logs "Adding system MPEG2 decoder" If you are using LAV make sure that MPEG2 video is enabled. Also on Win7 definiitely start with the Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder for both MPEG2 and h264

Martin

Thanks Martin, the MPEG2 was not set to 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoder' changing this setting worked perfectly for me.