NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TV recording playback issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

First time poster. I have been using Next PVR for roughly 3 months and am slowly learning all the great benefits of this software. I have recently encountered an issue with playback.

Current system - laptop with i5-3317u processor using integrated intel hd4000 graphics. OS is Win 8, storage is running off a portable usb3.0 hdd. I am hoping to build a true HTPC within the next 6 months or so. TV tuner is an silicon dust homerun dual (hdhr3). NPVR version 3.1.1 with most recent updates.

Issue #1 - some recorded tv shows allow me to resume a recording and some recorded tv shows do not. Upon resume request a black screen is
received with no audio

Issue #2 - the same recordings that allow resume also allow "skip/fast forward/rewind" functions while the non resume files do not.

I am leaning towards either a codec issue or just some messed up files on the back end.

I will add a zip file of my logs once I figure out how to create one in winzip

Thanks for your help in advance.
your .zip is empty.

please make sure the npvr.log you attach shows attempts to play and skip in both problem and no-problem files, and let us know which files are which so we can compare.
johnsonx42 Wrote:your .zip is empty.
For me, the easiest way to zip files is to use Windows Explorer ... select the log files (or the logs folder) ... right click and "Send to ... Compressed folder". Good Luck.
ok, so I got a good zip this time. Please look at the 1/8/14 events from around the 6:50-7:10 AM time frame. Here is what happened. The tv recording "the middle" works perfectly. resumes, skips ahead (30 seconds, which was 15 seconds last night). Curious George will not resume or skip, when attempting to play off of the resume selection it is just a black screen with no audio. To overcome this I would have to unwatch the show and restart via the play selection. upon a restart, it will allow me to skip up to 1:24 mark of the video then it freezes and shuts down the recording back to the recording screen selection off the main menu. I would have to repeat the process of unwatching and restarting via play for it to work again.

let me know if you need anything else from my logs.
If you remove the comskip file from Curious George does it play ok?

Martin
Guess I didn't realize that com skip file was even in there.. what is the best way to remove and what would be the file name that I need to remove?

I tried comskip but never really got it work right... any wiki guides on how to set it up?
In HDHomeRun setup, if application NextPVR was selected, try Other: ATSC/QAM instead. I seem to recall a thread in which the "NextPVR" setting was found to cause problems like this. Of course this would only affect future recordings and would not help with existing recordings. [EDIT] Here's the post I was thinking of: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post457164
ok removed all xml files that tie to one of the curious George movie, still the same issue but will try recording new curious George and see what happens. I also switched from nextpvr to other:astc/qam to see if that helps to resolve the issue
Ok I think we are on to something with the comskip... I tried another the middle episode that had modified by comskip and it had issues as well... the one that I was watching was not run through comskip... so how do I officially remove it from next pvr? I did uninstall the program.
the only comskip file read by NPVR is the .edl file. I'm not sure what .xml files you would find...

to stop using comskip, just remove the command from your postprocessing.bat (or parallelprocessing.bat if you put it there).
Pages: 1 2