NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Planner Fails To Register Recorded Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else noticed that the planner does not always register that a program is set for recording on the first try?

I have experienced the issue a few times and have ended up with more than one copy of the same program being recorded as a result of duplicating the record request. The program always appears to register the second request but not the first when in fact it has actually set up recording for both requests.
If you set up a recurring recording it won't schedule an actively playing shows, just future shows. Is that what you mean?

Martin
Not quite.

I was setting up a recurring series recording from the planner for shows that were starting on the same day but at least 30 minutes before the program started. It may have even been an hour or so before the program started the first time I experienced the issue. The planner only changed to red the when I placed the second request!
If you had restarted the nextpvr.exe after scheduling it (and noticing it wasn't red), does it then show as red?
I don't know the answer but will give it a try next time and let you know. Unfortunately it does not fail on demand.
I have tried unsuccessfully to reproduce the anomaly today so this test is going to have to wait for the next time it occurs.
I wonder if you had duplicate EPG entries. If it happens again, zip and upload your database file.
I see this from time to time. I've learned to go check pending recordings if a show I just scheduled doesn't turn red in the guide. It can't be reproduced on demand, it just happens randomly (and rarely).
johnsonx42 Wrote:I see this from time to time. I've learned to go check pending recordings if a show I just scheduled doesn't turn red in the guide. It can't be reproduced on demand, it just happens randomly (and rarely).

Thank you for this. I was beginning to think I had imagined it Smile

I have personally only seen this happen twice but it is a real anomaly and perhaps it is something to do with the EPG! If I can remember the channel that caused it last time, in theory I should be able to reproduce the anomaly if the EPG is duplicating a channel.
Duplicate epg entries can cause this, but are definitely not the cause in my case. There have been several bugs along these lines fixed in the past, I'm sure this is just a rare corner case that hasn't been identified yet.