NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UK[UE40F5500]freezes trying to change server IP or port.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tried to change from my test NPVR server to my proposed main server and found I could not change the IP address in the settings menu.
Pressing enter (more correctly, the key in the middle of the direction arrows) the app locks up. The only way out that I could find was to use the smart hub key. Return and backup had no effect. Out of curiosity I tied the port setup and it was the same. I haven't noticed this anywhere else.

By coincidence, just before trying this I was wondering if there is any way to install the app twice with differing setups for just my purpose of alternative servers.

I also had an non-reproducable oddity where I went to play a recording and pressed stop before it had started (drive spun down I guess) and it exited back to the recordings list and but with a dark backround rather than the blue one and a moment later started playing the recording as the background. The only way I found to stop it was to press play and then stop. I tried a couple of times again, but could not make it do it again.

p.s. Hope these reports are relevant/useful?
ill checkout changing servers, this was working at one point but may have broken without my knowledge.

the video background sort of is a feature, but it should have stop the video. it was probably because the playstate wasnt playing, so it didnt call stop on the samsung player, but still exited the player. ill check this out too.
Just an addition about the frozen TV when trying to change server IPs.
I had left the TV on frozen when making the post (and a cup of coffee......) I noticed that the NPVR screen saver logo had started up and was hopping around.
pressing a key brought the menu back, but still frozen.
does the onscreen keyboard show up when you push enter?

if not, try updating the app to the latest version was a bug in the version before the version numbers changed (0.17x something)
problem 1 solved

No, the keyboard didn't appear.

updated to 0.1.53.229 and when changing servers the keyboard now appears and I could change the server IP.
Looks like I have a bit more tweaking to do as it connects, but stays stuck on the loading current programs bit. (hmm, web browser works on port 8866 ok).

Set the IP back to the old server and I notice a new problem seems to have arrived - it is a painting the screen problem again by the looks of it.

It seems to occur on both the tv guide and recordings. When I initially go to these screens all is well - but when scrolling left or right off the guide, the left page is blank - same when scrolling between the different recoding types.
If I press enter, then the action taken is what I would expect - playing a recording etc.
When scrolling in the guide, the bottom bit of the screen changes with the details and logo .

thanks again for your help.
are animations turned off?

settings-> advanced -> enable animations (last option on the page if the page isnt visible, push "right" to select option list, then "up" to cycle to last option, then "ok" to toggle the value)

thats the only time ive seen that particular issue with the recording list not showing up... i really thought i set animations disabled by default...
Thanks again - turning animations off has fixed it. And thanks for the blind mans guide on how to get there - it was needed!
Very sorry, you're going to be cussing me. I don't know how, but I have dug myself into a hole again. Now freezing at the startup screen. I managed to turn debug on and enclose a screen shot. It would appear to be talking to the server (logs attached as well).
I pressed exit and saw the 'do you want to exit' text in debug, pressed ok and it did exit. My TV seems plagued with screen painting problems...... sorry.
Sorry, fixed slight prob with image attachment :eek:
looks to be an issue loading the epg data, do you have the latest patches from here installed?

there were a few issues with the original 3.1 with the xml encoding of some data.
Pages: 1 2 3