NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Seriously considering downgrade to previous version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've installed 3.1.1 and the latest roll-up fixes - but I'm still worse off than I was with the previous stable version. Problems I still have with this version include:
1. Recording service stays on after waking up - recording nothing to /dev/nullxxxxx.ts. This problem was once fixed but has returned.
2. PVR refuses to sleep except if I reboot. I can't find what's keeping it awake. Stopping services etc makes no difference so I think it may be keeping a file open, or something like that.
3. Failed recordings - NPVR missed at least four recordings over the Christmas period, to the point where I now cannot be certain whether it will record. This is probably a consequence of the above.

Now WAF is low and patience is wearing thin.

Of course, I don't discount the possibility that this is a user error - I've installed the YouTube plugin for example - but how likely is that this is causing the problems?

I've been a user and commenter here for years so I understand the limited dev resources available etc - but wtf is going on?

Am I the only one? And do I have a plan B - ie can I revert to the previous version?
To be fair to sub on the prime thread related to this http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...s-on-3-1-1 I didn't ever see your logs.

3.1.1 is probably the most stable version I have ever used since GBPVR when my playback needs didn't include HD ATSC or HDPVR

Martin
Liteswap. as you will see from that thread that martin linked to , when I first upgraded to 3.1.1 I was suffering from the problem with the recording service showing that it was recording to c:\devxxxxxx\null.ts. I "think" the problem was related to one of my channels which was updating its EPG via DVB not being configured properly. I rebuild my channel list and the problem went away. I have not had the problem since.

I think the other issues are symptoms of this issue. (#1)
It's working magnificently here. I think my only plugin is the screen saver. SSPlus?

My server is an old HP DX2300 desktop but it goes to sleep and wakes up just as it should. I can't even remember the last time it missed a recording.
mvallevand Wrote:To be fair to sub on the prime thread related to this http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...s-on-3-1-1 I didn't ever see your logs.

3.1.1 is probably the most stable version I have ever used since GBPVR when my playback needs didn't include HD ATSC or HDPVR

Martin

Martin

You're right, there wasn't any need or my logs in the end as the roll-up seemed at the time to have cured the problem, thanks to logs left by others - I was away from home for some days at that time.

Sorry guys, I'm just frustrated - I've spent hours trying to track down this problem. It may not even be caused by NPVR. Back to the drawing board...
"powercfg- requests" can be used to help diagnose things keeping the machine awake.
I had problems getting the computer to sleep, I use Toff to put the computer to sleep after EPG Update @5:30am. Basically the PC would wake up to if in the sleepstate, do the EPG update and TOFF put it to sleep 30 min later.

I had a problem with Hauppauge Tuner entering a strange state at regular intervals, even while NPVR was recording, crashing the recording :-( So I disabled Windows Media Center in Windows Fonctionality panel since I dont use it. The problem seems to have disapear.

I upgraded to 3.1.1 after that.

I noticed that now PC enter sleeps on it's own! :-)
Thanks for your help, guys, have already tried all the above, however. Powercfg is vague - just legacy kernel driver - and the latest bug fix roll-up was applied a week or more ago. All that said, now the machine seems to be behaving itself... It's the random nature of its behaviour that drives me up the wall.
liteswap Wrote:Thanks for your help, guys, have already tried all the above, however. Powercfg is vague - just legacy kernel driver - and the latest bug fix roll-up was applied a week or more ago. All that said, now the machine seems to be behaving itself... It's the random nature of its behaviour that drives me up the wall.

Your machine refuse to sleep becouse nPVR (without patch 17) keep using nullxxxxx.ts, this is causing missing recordings too.
Just apply the patch, and you should be OK.
I had the same issue. Sub should release new nPVR, becouse this is really ugly problem Smile
Pages: 1 2