NextPVR Forums

Full Version: IR Remote no longer works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did an upgrade to 3.11 R1 a and now NextPVR no longer responds to IR commands. The mouse and keyboard still work. Nothing else has changed on the system.

I use a Harmony remote and Intelliremote software to control things. This has always worked and it still works for everything else (Plex, MediaBrowser, etc). I can have NextPVR in a window and Intelliremote in a window - I can see the IR commands get being received but NPVR isn't doing anything with them. I've unchecked/restarted/checked/restarted telling NPVR to handle MCE remote events.

I've attached the dedug log although I don't think it shows much of anything:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3961345/NPVR.log

I'm at a loss for what else I can try. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled but I can't get NextPVR to respond to any IR commands.
NPVR has no control over your remote. It's going to be something in your Intelliremote configuration. Something different in 3.1.1 is causing Intelliremote not to pass the commands the same way as before.
How odd. I have the Harmony One with Intelliremote and it has worked fine through all the upgrades I have done in the last 18 months.
I installed R1 but not R1a (I can't test that version any more as I am beta testing)

the log shows some down arrow commands. You're right, the NPVR logs are not going to show diddly if the IR commands are not being passed to it from Intelliremote.

you might want to enable debug logging in IR and reproduce the problem and see what's in the log. Is it acknowledging that it is using your NPVR profile?