NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Stopping a recording that was started via the guide... when there is no 'cancel' ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated to the latest version, and I ran into an odd problem.
In the guide, I selected quick record, and normally, that would show the channel in question as red.
However, in this case, the guide had (no show info) or whatever it says... [didn't have any EPG guide data] well, anyway, it didn't change to red.
The recording *was* being done though, as confirmed by the status window, and also the file on the HD.

I wanted to cancel it, and... there was no option to do that, since as far as the guide was concerned, there was no recording going on.
So, I had a run away recording going on, and the only way to stop it was to turn off the service.
That made the recording stop. Restarted the service, and the recording went on recording. It just didn't want to die.
The guide still didn't show anything for that channel, and status was still showing recording.

So, how do you stop this type of thing from going on, if this happens again ?

And, before you can ask for logs, I thought it might have been a artifact from the old version of npvr, so I nuked all data without thinking about saving the logs. Sad
if there is no guide data that will happen
if you go to recordings and look under pending or whats new if its already recording ( it think it is) you can cancel there
D'oh.. I should have thought of that, thanks!