NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Win Server 2012 R2 - HD Home Run not scanning channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just setup a new windows 2012 R2 server and when I go to scan the channels in, the dialog box appears but scanning does not start, it just sit's there doing nothing.
This is what I have done so far:

- updated my HDHR to latest FW / SW
- installed the NextPVR patch set
- confirmed I can watch live TV using VLC player under "quickview" in HDHR setup
- disabled firewall completely
- added in firewall exceptions anyway
- tried to switch the application type in the HDHR setup
- some of the application requirements I was simply not able to install, it was not possible to install the old version .net for example
- made sure "client" was not checked
- I don't have all the codecs installed yet, is it possible that would not allow channel scanning ?

At this point I'm out of things to try, hoping I can get this resolved with forum members help.
Hello phaselocd, your list does not mention BDA components so you might need this link: http://www.tenniswood.co.uk/technology/w...rver-2012/

[Edit] Almost forgot to say that you should zip and attach your logs folder for support (usually C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Logs) using "Go Advanced" button.
THANK YOU ! Zeb Smile
Problem Solved !. I completely forgot about the BDA drivers. I was just commenting to one of my customers today how lean server 2012 is. Should have known that something like this would have been stripped out !.

I downloaded the files from the link you provided and just ran the included .bat file (for any one else who needs to do this, make sure you examine what the .bat file is doing first !) All the files in the package except for kswdmcap which was already their, got copied over.
Just one more update.
After installing the SAF decoder pack, I only got a black screen. To fix this, you have to still enable "desktop experience" this is done by opening powershell and running the the following command:

Add-WindowsFeature Desktop-Experience