NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Sudden problem recording ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
nPvr has been working flawlessly for a couple of months and now, jast last night, all recordings stop after the .ts file reaches a couple of megabytes.

I havent changed a thing, honest !!

Any ideas/suggestions ??

I have restarted the recording service and even rebooted the machine, and run a chkdisk to no effect.

Looking at the nPVR status it says it is recording --- but the filesize is not increasing and playing the file results in only a few seconds of video.

There is 138GB of free space on the drive.

TIA
Dave
As a first step you'd need to post the logs.
Logs attached
Unfortunately I can't see any obvious sign of problems in those logs.

Does the device continue to work fine in the software that came with it?
Wintv 7 (they are haupage cards) continues to record OK.
NRecord.log 1 File shows several recordings being marked as 'Recording service restarted during recording.'
Yes, that was me restarting the recording service after the file stopped increasing in size.
Although newa shows the recordings as "active" they dont increase in size beyond a couple of MB.
Interestingly, the npvr icon shows light blue (ie not red) and the npvr status shows all devices as idle.
Dave
Are you using a diseqc switch?
No diseqc .... goes straight into LNB
There is loads of space on both discs - and I can copy or download files around without problems.
WinTV7 records to file OK
OK - in desperation I uninstalled nPVR and deleted the config area in user>all....

Then I did a clean install of 3.1.1 (the last working version for me) but now the darn thing crashes (nPVR terminates) when doing a channel scan (I use theFREESAT ONLY entry)

It can crash at any point in the scan from the begining to well into the scan, but crash it does every time.

I tried installing the patches - but if anything it makes it worse :-(

Logs attached
Pages: 1 2