NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problems with upgrade to version 0.2.64.239
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just tried updating to the latest version (0.2.64.239). It said it downloaded OK. But when I tried to run the app, it appears to have hung on the splash screen. Also, on that screen, it shows "{{LoadingMessage}}" and "version {{Version}}".

After powering off the Blu-ray player (post-update--I had already rebooted it just before doing the update), then I got the registration code. Also, FYI, the message with the URL for activation is cut off on my screen as: "Please visit http:/portal.reven.co.nz and enter the verification code to active this de"

It appears that after entering the activation code on the portal, I had to press the back button on the remote to get the blu-ray player to continue. (Or maybe it just registered/timed out at the same time as I tried pressing that key.)

Next, I went and tried playing a recording. It did being playing OK. However, again, the comskip (.edl) information didn't seem to get loaded. I tried just exiting the app and then going back in and playing the same recording again. Still no .edl info. Exited app, rebooted device, reran app, and still no .edl. Then switched back to the PCH and verified that the edl info was read and used there.

Hope this helps!

- Brett
Also, when I went back to the portal to check out the uploaded log functionality, it didn't seem to work quite right...

The default "Date Range" said "21 January 2014 - 21 January 2014" however, when I clicked "Search", the "Log Messages" section remained blank. When I tried to do a "custom range" it wouldn't let me select an end date. When I selected "Yesterday", it displayed a "Date Range" of "20 January 2014 - 20 January 2014", but after clicking "Search", I got a listing of messages in the "Log Messages" section. The date on the first one was "11:50:16.757 a.m. 21 January 2014".
how long does it show "{{LoadingMessage}}" etc for? thats just the angular template code which should get replaced when the angular code is loaded.

regarding the activation code, it first polls the portal.reven.co.nz website 30 seconds after initially generating the code, after that it does it every 15 seconds. so the longest you should have to wait is about 30 seconds, during testing i usually had it activate within 10 seconds.

are you playing the recording by pushing the "Play" button on the remote, or are you going to the dialog and click the "Play" button in that? it appears that if you just push play on the remote it skips the comskip stuff. ive fix that now.
reven Wrote:how long does it show "{{LoadingMessage}}" etc for? thats just the angular template code which should get replaced when the angular code is loaded.
I left it displaying for a few (4-5) minutes before I gave up, exited out, and rebooted the device.
reven Wrote:regarding the activation code, it first polls the portal.reven.co.nz website 30 seconds after initially generating the code, after that it does it every 15 seconds. so the longest you should have to wait is about 30 seconds, during testing i usually had it activate within 10 seconds.
Humm... I don't think that I waited as long as I did with the {{LoadingMessage}} problem (4-5 mintues), but I'm pretty sure that it was at least 1 minute. So maybe this is an area to specifically have other testers measure and give feedback.
reven Wrote:are you playing the recording by pushing the "Play" button on the remote, or are you going to the dialog and click the "Play" button in that? it appears that if you just push play on the remote it skips the comskip stuff. ive fix that now.

Yep, I almost always begin playing recordings by pressing the "Play" button on the remote. And that's definitely how I did it this morning. Glad we got that one figured out! :-)
yeah thats far too long. i would accept {{loadingmessage}} etc for about a second (quick flash, which i would fix), but something else is going on there.

how long did it take you to register on the portal and add the device after the initial display on your BRP?