NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Bluray BD-D5700 2011 model DOES have SmartHub and allow Develop login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello- Trying to be cheap with old PC running NextPVR just to have EPG. Would like to find a way to click on EPG and change my 2011 Sammy (LN46C650 series latest firmware, no Smarthub) TV channel, maybe using USB UIRT device. Found this project so now I am trying to access the app on my 2011 Sammy Bluray model BD-5700 (latest firmware). I'm thinking a better PC and this app will let me use the EPG and watch NPVR on the TV without having to change inputs on the TV (Samsung is great but has two annoying quirks in almost all models, 1- cannot directly enter channel numbers when tv is on an external input, it will not switch tv to the tuner that way, and 2- Sammy specifically says it does not believe in variable audio output levels that would allow you to use tv remote volume controls to change volume on sound bar or home theatre receiver that the tv analog or digital audio output is connected to).

The Bluray player does allow me to add Develop account and login, I see develop in the lower left corner like I should, and it does allow me to enter this project's IP address and then click on Synchronize to the account button just underneath the IP setting button.

But then I get a network or interference error so I can't see the app to download it. I started trying last night (Jan 21) and continued again today. I am in America. The Bluray player is connected with a static IP directly to my CenturyLink DSL modem which has default settings for everything (no port forwarding etc). Other apps on the player can access the internet fine.

Is there something about this version of Smarthub that is not compatible with today's Develop accounts? Is there some modem configuration to do? Is the project blocked from allowing new members?

PS- Reven says in one thread that the 2012 models are REALLY slow compared to the 2013 models, I can say that the 2011 model is so slow at all internet apps that I use them on the TV instead, which is MUCH faster even though it is the same model year.
The app will not work in your bluray it's to old it's not ever going to work
Buy a 2013 model if you want it to work
kevin_barr Wrote:Is there something about this version of Smarthub that is not compatible with today's Develop accounts? Is there some modem configuration to do? Is the project blocked from allowing new members?

PS- Reven says in one thread that the 2012 models are REALLY slow compared to the 2013 models, I can say that the 2011 model is so slow at all internet apps that I use them on the TV instead, which is MUCH faster even though it is the same model year.

as stustunz said, you'll need a newer device, a "D" is a 2011 model which is too slow. also I have noticed that TVs seem faster than the BRP of the same year. well in my experience my F6400 tvs are faster than a BD-F6500 BRP. might have something to do with those tvs being 3D.
ok, so if I get a newer bluray, is the beta of this app still in "Merry Christmas" mode from Reven?
it's not just that the 'D' models are too slow, they don't have the right smarthub version and simply won't run reven's app. Careful also, some 'E' models have the older 2011 smarthub; even the newer E models with the 2012 smarthub are quite slow.
true, its more than theyre just too slow, the browser/javascript/css engines the apps use are just too old and dont support the functions i need.

yeah, the app is still in open beta. however i do plan to eventually charge for the app, not sure when yet, need to get a good idea of numbers to work out whats a fair price (but no matter what price i set, if its not free people will complain, not everyone but some will).

theres currently about 10 users signed up to the portal. proceeds will go towards additional hardware (google tv, 2014 model device etc) and paying for server maintenance.
Thank you all for the quick support! Hey Reven, it's a big world, there are plenty of people willing to pay a nominal amount for projects like this that meet an actual need if they work with minimal bugs and the developer shows they are continually supporting it!

Yeah, I've owned or tested several older BRPs and I always wished there could be a way to bypass all the slow or outdated Java in them that makes discs load so slow or maybe not even at all, sometimes i just want to watch the movie and don'r care about fancy features in the disc menu etc!
OK, the D5700 is just about a doorstop now, skips on even the tiniest scratches, tried one of the little brushes glued to a disc type cleaners, no help. SO if I buy a new Samsung BRP what is the best recommendation from the experts here? Does EVERY current model allow the Develop mode? Is Reven charging $ yet? Thanks for the advice!
nah not charging $ yet Smile no immediate plans to either (im to distracted setting up a arcade machine Smile)

if you log into the portal you will see the most popular device model, thats a good indication as to what one to buy Smile