NextPVR Forums

Full Version: anyone have a google tv device?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just wondering if anyone has a google tv device (other than the netgear neo).

hopefully someone with a vizio neo (im looking to buy that one).

i can provide a apk with nextpvr for google tv (same as nextpvr for samsung just using the google tv remote and a different player). just want someone to confirm playback works on any google tv device, before i buy another one that it still doesnt work on. (not that i would be to upset by this, i still love my netgear neo for netflix, vudu, plex (although not everything works in plex)).

to install it you would just need to sign into the portal.reven.co.nz using chrome on the google tv and there will be download link. once you download it to the google tv, just open the "nextpvr.apk" file in the "Downloads" app on GTV and it should appear in the "All Apps" menu.

I haven't uploaded the apk yet, but if someone has a google tv device, then ill build it and upload it.

it needs to be a google tv device as its designed for that remote, it doesnt have a touch interface.

i just need someone to test playback of recordings.
I have a crappy android thing I got from jaycar a while back
I'll try it out
I bet it's rubbish but be good for a laugh
nah that wont help, need an actual google tv device. need to test the android version that runs on google tv and the remote. dont really want to support all the different flavours of android devices yet, since the remotes will all be different and no common keys between them (eg no "Guide" button etc, whereas most google tvs have that button).
ok
I have the Sony Google TV NSZ-GS7. I'll test the APK for you if you want. I will be getting my HDHomeRun Plus and will be installing NEXTPVR in a few days. But I can at least test the apk install and in few days test the play back once my setup is complete.

Alex

reven Wrote:just wondering if anyone has a google tv device (other than the netgear neo).

hopefully someone with a vizio neo (im looking to buy that one).

i can provide a apk with nextpvr for google tv (same as nextpvr for samsung just using the google tv remote and a different player). just want someone to confirm playback works on any google tv device, before i buy another one that it still doesnt work on. (not that i would be to upset by this, i still love my netgear neo for netflix, vudu, plex (although not everything works in plex)).

to install it you would just need to sign into the portal.reven.co.nz using chrome on the google tv and there will be download link. once you download it to the google tv, just open the "nextpvr.apk" file in the "Downloads" app on GTV and it should appear in the "All Apps" menu.

I haven't uploaded the apk yet, but if someone has a google tv device, then ill build it and upload it.

it needs to be a google tv device as its designed for that remote, it doesnt have a touch interface.

i just need someone to test playback of recordings.
cheers, that will help a lot ( I was originally going to buy a GS8 but the power adapter didnt appear to be 240v). can you let me know when you're ready to test? just need to make a download page available in the portal for it.
reven Wrote:cheers, that will help a lot ( I was originally going to buy a GS8 but the power adapter didnt appear to be 240v). can you let me know when you're ready to test? just need to make a download page available in the portal for it.

Reven,

I also have a Sony Google TV nsz-gs7 with Nextpvr 3.1.1ra1 setup and ready to test. Let me know when you get the download page setup.
thanks guys, i bought a vizio costar and have started testing on that. theres issues with playback, but also are work arounds for it. not sure if live tv will work though.
Would it be any point testing your app on this device: http://www.dx.com/p/dual-antenna-quad-co...nge-239782
I just got one.
Reddwarf Wrote:Would it be any point testing your app on this device: http://www.dx.com/p/dual-antenna-quad-co...nge-239782
I just got one.

That doesn't look like a Google TV device they don't show GTV even running so, it looks like a basic RK3188 Android TV stick. Best bet is to try and install an XBMC apk, even though the RK3188 is not highly rated for XBMC, YMMV.

Martin
Pages: 1 2