NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to report a bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've created a bug tacker in the portal (accessible via, help -> Issue Tracker). This will let users create a ticket for issues.

it allows you to put in reproduction steps, the current version it is happening on etc.

this will stop the issue from being lost in the forum and ill work from this list when developing.

Please provide as much info as possible, get your logs from "Devices -> [your device] -> Logs" as well, as that will provide more info.

basically the more info the better, and if you can put in reproduction steps (step by step, eg, Goto "Recordings Menu", "Select the 'Pending' screen", "Go to bottom of the page", "Click "stop" button", etc) that really helps.

you can still ask for support here, but if you found an actual bug/issue please use the portal to report them.

thanks.
When you say
Quote: get your logs from "Devices -> [your device] -> Logs"
do you want a cut and paste from there or a link of some kind?

Thinking of logs on the portal, after pressing the 'search' button "it all goes quiet". There is no indication that either nothing is found or it is working furiously away in the background. More than once I have moved away before the results are displayed, thinking there are no results. A "please wait" or "processing" would clarify things.

sorry to be a pain again!
not being a pain, its on my todo list. I need to
- show an indicator "Please wait" type thing when searching is process
- "No results found" message
- Returned paged results instead of one giant page (the raw data is sometimes over 1mb which is too big and slow).

cut and paste logs would be ideal, inside a bbcode [code] block (although if you forget about that, its not a biggie, i can edit it to add it in).
While you're working on log system, this still seems to be an issue:
BrettB Wrote:The default "Date Range" said "21 January 2014 - 21 January 2014" however, when I clicked "Search", the "Log Messages" section remained blank. When I tried to do a "custom range" it wouldn't let me select an end date. When I selected "Yesterday", it displayed a "Date Range" of "20 January 2014 - 20 January 2014", but after clicking "Search", I got a listing of messages in the "Log Messages" section. The date on the first one was "11:50:16.757 a.m. 21 January 2014".
you can now select custom ranges with any dates. it records the dates in the local time according to the samsung client, which means if the clock on the client is wrong, the dates in the logs will be wrong. I had a problem during testing when my tv was saying it was 1970, so i removed the restriction of the date start/end.

however when i search other users logs, i have to keep taking into account timezone, so I may change the way the log dates are stored. and then store them in proper UTC server time regardless of the client time.
made a couple of changes, still have paging + fixing date to do, but ive done
- search button disabled when searching
- message shown a search is in progress
- warning message if no search results are found matching parameters

also added ability to sort a few things, probably not useful for most people, but useful for me.

i need to add paging, sorting, exporting to the logs still, i cant use the same sorting im using for the logs, as that sorting will need to happen on the server side (so if paged list everythign gets sorted, not just your current page).