NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR documentation for NScriptHelper.exe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've gathered some info on the batch helper utility NScriptHelper.exe. Unfortunately, my id has expired on the Wiki and cannot add the page to the Utility section. If someone has the time and access, here is the content I was planning to add:

NScriptHelper.exe is a helper utility which is part of the core NPVR package. The utility provides a command line (i.e. batch) interface which can query the NPVR recording service. The executable can be found in the NPVR executables location.

Below lists the functions and calling syntax as of NPVR 3.1.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NScriptHelper -Description filename
- Output description of recording from the EPG

Ex:
c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -Description "d:\pvr\Recordings\Revolution\Revolution.S01E11.The Stand.ts"
2013-03-25: Miles leads the rebels out of Philadelphia and away from Monroe's machine guns; Rachel is forced to leave her children behind -- again -- as she provides power to the rebels.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NScriptHelper -Cancel oid
- Cancel recording with specific OID

NScriptHelper -Pending
- Output list of pending recordings

Ex:
c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -pending
3089 534 2014/02/01 21:00:00 Black Sails
3087 8 2014/02/03 20:00:00 Almost Human
3091 10 2014/02/04 20:00:00 Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
3092 8 2014/02/06 21:00:00 Rake
3093 62 2014/02/08 18:05:00 The Walking Dead
3090 534 2014/02/08 21:00:00 Black Sails
3094 62 2014/02/09 21:00:00 The Walking Dead
3088 8 2014/02/10 20:00:00 Almost Human

NScriptHelper -Title filename
- Output title of recording from the EPG

Ex:
c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -title "d:\pvr\Recordings\Revolution\Revolution.S01E11.The Stand.ts"
Revolution

NScriptHelper -SubTitle filename
- Output the subtitle of recording from the EPG

Ex:
c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -subTitle "d:\pvr\Recordings\Revolution\Revolution.S01E11.The Stand.ts"
The Stand

NScriptHelper -Rename srcFileName tgtFileName
- Rename the recording in the EPG to new name(location)
Does NOT move/rename the actual file, only updates the database.

NScriptHelper -Delete filename
- Delete the recording in the NPVR database
Does NOT delete the actual file, only updates the database.

NScriptHelper -isRecording
This function does not seem to work, always returns NOT RECORDING

Ex:
c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -isRecording
NOT RECORDING

NScriptHelper -isInUse
- Display status of tuner (Recording or Not Recording)

Ex:
c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -isInUse
RECORDING
c:\Program Files\NPVR>NScriptHelper -isInUse
NOT RECORDING
Quote:NScriptHelper -Rename srcFileName tgtFileName
- Rename the recording in the EPG to new name(location)
Does NOT move/rename the actual file, only updates the database.

Can we get a guide to tell us how to do this so the entry in the database isn't deleted when renaming the file (along with the entries in the databases using NScriptHelper)? I lose every entry when I rename using this method.
JavaWiz Wrote:Unfortunately, my id has expired on the Wiki and cannot add the page to the Utility section. If someone has the time and access

@JavaWiz

Hi JavaWiz. Your id has not expired on the Wiki. The NextPVR Wiki was created from scratch and is separate from the GB-PVR one. No account has been set up for you on this new Wiki.

I can dump the contents of your post into a NextPVR Wiki page in the Utilities section if you like but it would be preferable to also/as well give you an edit account on the NextPVR Wiki?

Cheers
Sign me up! I'll try to contribute where I can..

Thanks
JavaWiz Wrote:Sign me up! I'll try to contribute where I can..

Thanks

Nice 1 JavaWiz will send pm within next 36 hours with details.

Cheers to you and all
raceviper13 Wrote:Can we get a guide to tell us how to do this so the entry in the database isn't deleted when renaming the file (along with the entries in the databases using NScriptHelper)? I lose every entry when I rename using this method.

I realize this was posted a long time ago, but I never saw a reply and I was in need of using NScriptHelper myself. I found that you have to rename the actual file prior to using the -rename function of NScriptHelper. If you rename the file 1st, it works every time. I setup a Python script to do the rename and then execute NScriptHelper.

Anyway... just some hopefully helpful info for anyone who happens to run across this.