NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Server not found - trying to connect to download app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I signed up and got the instructions on how to connect my day-old 55f6400 yesterday. It wouldn't let me put in a password but seemed to log in successfully as 'develop' without one. I put in the IP address and clicked to ry-sync my apps. The message I got at that point was something like 'server not found' or 'no response from server' (sorry I'm at work and didn't take a pic of the exact message). It kind of looked like the IP was wrong, but it did match the one from the instructions. The TV is connected to the internet fine.

Any clues?
Cheers
the server might have been down when you tried. i suggest you try again and see if it works.

also whenever you "edit" the ip address, if you dont reenter it (even though its there and looks fine), it wont actually use it anymore and will fail. bug with samsung, but its for developers so they dont seem that worried about it. so whenever you edit the ip address you MUST reenter it.
reven Wrote:the server might have been down when you tried. i suggest you try again and see if it works.

also whenever you "edit" the ip address, if you dont reenter it (even though its there and looks fine), it wont actually use it anymore and will fail. bug with samsung, but its for developers so they dont seem that worried about it. so whenever you edit the ip address you MUST reenter it.

Great, thanks, will try again tonight.
wodger Wrote:Great, thanks, will try again tonight.

Nah, not working - see pic. TV is definitely connected to the internet (Wifi) - it appears to log on fine as 'develop' and was using the youtube app earlier.
Oops - sorry about large/duplicate pics!
I can telnet to that IP on port 80 - connection works. But I still get that error on the TV.
Hmmm. I put in an IP of 111.111.111.111 that I knew wouldn't work. Same error on the TV.

Edit: Firmware is 1115.
needs more than just an ip address to be valid to connect.

im looking into this now, its working on my devices, so need to dig a little deeper.
Still happening. I'm around for a while this morning and will be later today. We have kids so have to keep them entertained/alive. Let me know if I can do anything.
i was in the middle of adding something to the portal, which i need to finish before i can deploy an update to resolve/debug this. and that also needs an updated version of nextpvr for samsung. basically the worst time for this to happen Smile

hopefully i can finish it off today, but i have a sick 4 year old at home, so thats slowing me down.

sorry about this.
Pages: 1 2