NextPVR Forums

Full Version: System Plugin EPG update crashes NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Iain
Running NPVR 3.3.1 with all patches and the .net 4 System Plugin - probably downloaded first day released. On Win 8.1 x32.
Very rarely I use the update epg function (after a channel scan) and on more than one occasion, possibly every time I have used it, it completes the scan then crashes NPVR.
Anything spring to mind? or what logs do you require.
Just whatever logs you have really. Might be worth turning on debug mode in the plugin's settings screen too.

What happens when you do manual EPG updates using NPVR's option in the config dialog? All the plugin really does is call code that kicks off the same thing. But it has had problems in the past calling the *right* code Smile

Iain
Typical - cleared logs, set System Plugin to debug and ran Update EPG - Perfect Update.

I will attach logs just in case something stands out.

Where it has crashed NPVR before is just as the last frequency scan completes and before it shows the Updating Listings message.
I wonder if the C drive is taking to long to spin up? Maybe the extra logging was forcing the drive to spin already.

I have never seen a problem with the Settings/Channels - Update EPG, but usually that is after I have tried first in the Plugin.
I'd really have to see logs that contained a crash to have any hope of diagnosing it. Hopefully it's just something minor as I use that option a lot without bother.

Iain